'77 Jota rear shock length.

DavLav

New member
Location
Warwickshire
Hi all,

I have a 77 Jota with 38mm Marzocchi forks, the longer centre stand (225mm) and lifting it on to that best centre stand in the world puts me in hernia territory every time...the bike is running Hagon rear shocks with 350mm centres but looking thro some of the older posts on the forum this could be 362 or 367mm centres from the factory, could the lifting problem with the stand be down to the shorter Hagons? or are future gym visits required..
 
I believe it's 365mm.
Check that the stand bushes and stops aren't allowing it to go too far forwards.
Paul
Thanks Paul, i renewed the bushes earlier in the year and adjusted the stops so it sits just over the centre point. It appears that the Hagons are 15mm too short, would this make it more difficult to lift on the centre stand.
 
Yes, 750 twin shocks are shorter than triple shocks so maybe someone used those. 362mm is what I thought was correct. The Kawasaki side stand kit makes life even easier for those getting older.
 
The stops willonly affect pushing it OFF the centrestand. Height will be the determining factor on getting it ON the stand. Obviously bushes in good nick is paramount.
 
Yes ! I changed the shocks on my Jota from the original Marzochs to a set of YSS off my Corsa - they are 360 rather than 367 from memory and while I still find it easy to put on the centre stand I can’t turn the rear wheel on the stand now which is a bit of a pain for example when checking all gears are present - I now put a wood plank on the bench when I need clearance - I could alter the stops but it’s easy enough to push off the stand now and I don’t want it to take off on its own
 
I am not sure here but I think a '77 Jota should have Ceriani forks, not Marzochi, the centre stand changes with the forks, and again not too sure, but the Ceriani type centre stand is not adjustable for the stop whereas the Marzochi one has bolts and locknuts to adjust its over centre stance. or maybe I got that wholy wrong, someone confirm.
CLEM
 
Celebrate a rare occasion!
I agree with Clem.
'77, and indeed '78 Jotas, should have Cerianis and no stops on the centre stand.
Included photo, of a '78, with a rider you might recognise, has Cerianis.Peter 'PK' Davies.jpg
 
Back
Top