82 Laverda Jota on Iconic

Interesting photo under the blemishes listing of the number 1 exhaust pipe, proximity to the frame tube, which appears to have been, shall we say, flattened to clear the pipe. Is this how the factory did it on the 120s?
I know that on the 180 motors, the left-side frame tube is slightly curved to allow the exhaust pipe to clear the frame.
 
Interesting photo under the blemishes listing of the number 1 exhaust pipe, proximity to the frame tube, which appears to have been, shall we say, flattened to clear the pipe. Is this how the factory did it on the 120s?
I know that on the 180 motors, the left-side frame tube is slightly curved to allow the exhaust pipe to clear the frame.
Yip that's how the frame was made.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20251207_162334_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20251207_162334_Gallery.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 26
This bike was for sale on Bring a Trailer in Dec of 2024. The bike was bid to $6500USD but obviously no sale. I had done a little bit of digging on this particular bike and had actually bid on it. I did leave the following comment on it:

"This particular bike *8358*, was for sale in March of 2017 with 22 993kms on the clock.

Interestingly the cylinder head was black then and it had the original in style 2 piston brembos.

It also retained the stock airbox, which is likely not an easy replacement.

At the time the bidding was up to $11.1k and the reserve had yet to be met.

I think this machine has an interesting history, whether it’s good or bad is up to the next owner to find out. With the costs of parts, machine work, assembly and an unknown mechanical history I think $6500 was a cautious but reasonable bid."

I believe at that time, 2017, it was being sold out of the San Francisco area. The seller at the Bat aution in 2024 was out of Arkansas and I think they are still the current owner.
 
Last edited:
After getting such low bids, the seller is being "optimistic" w this price, but it does look clean w/ nice upgrades. The seller mentioned that he was going to list a 750, but I guess he decided not to after getting low bids on the triple.
 
After getting such low bids, the seller is being "optimistic" w this price, but it does look clean w/ nice upgrades. The seller mentioned that he was going to list a 750, but I guess he decided not to after getting low bids on the triple.
My interest in that machine waned after discovering that the head had been off of it, it lost it's original air box and brake calipers and all within a few years. That in and of itself isn't a deal breaker however no explantion was provided as to why and there wasn't anything provided on the bike's history.

As presented in 2017 both the cylinders and the head had been painted black and at the time of the auction in 2024 the cylinder head was aluminun/silver.

I bowed out at $3250usd. For me the conversion from $US to $CDN, the importation paperwork and the drive put me off of bidding any higher. I was also very skeptical about history and engine condition......... too many ticks in the Con box for me.

The 2024 Jota BaT auction seller did have a blue '76 SF3 750 listed a day or two later and it was bid to $6250USD with reserve not met.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top