Bikers Classics 2010, SPA Francorchamps

Laverdalothar

Hi Folks,

just wanted to share some nice pics with you from our Track-day in SPA Francorchamps, Belgium, last weekend:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Laverdalothar/SPA2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCKbKiKHXrq7N_AE&feat=directlink

Thanks to all showing up at our place, like: Red and Maxine, Rob, EgliBob, Brad, Jens and his girlfriend, the Laverdaclub Rohrdorf and the folks from Heftrich (which were our neighbors), Piet and Dori, Stephane, etc. etc. etc. Thanks also for those who cared a lot about Andre's accident. He is well and only had one rip broken, still does not know what really smashed him down on the straight.

The weather on Friday and Sunday was way better than expected, the weather on Saturday was way worse than expected... bad luck. As I could not stay until the run on Sunday evening, I only had 3 turns done during the weekend, 2 on Friday and the earlier one on Sunday. How ever, still a great experiance and well worth it, lots of fun (besides Andre's crash).

Hope everyone returned well and hope to see you soon again!! :)

EDIT: Forgot to list the starting-numbers on the fotos and the driver names I know:

359 Willy W.
404 "Manne" B. from Rohrdorf
433 Jens (later changed to group 5: 597)
436 Peter (a friends friend)
521 Lothar
525 Andre
528 ??? 750SFC from Bremen
533 Piet
538 Stephane
542 PeterK
543 again someone from Rohrdorf! 
547 ??? don't know
549 Rob from England
552 Tom from Heftrich
571 a 750er Laverda-lady (can't remember her name...)
582 ?? absolutely not sure
597 Jens (who changed from group 4)

HTH

How did the racing go?
Who is going to spill the beans?

I hope Andre is on the mend  by the way.

Unfortunately, the v. Dijk Laverda didn't finish the 2nd. warm-up lap, broken 4th. gear......

Other Lavs didn't fare well either, Rufus' spaceframe not qualifying, the Ehinger/Heyne triple DNF due to first a flat rear from a broken spoke, then discovered a broken frame tube....  The Lavergnac 750 seems to have soldiered on to the end, sounding pretty sick along the way but taking 45th. place.

Results, looky here....  http://www.ris-timing.eu/~vitesse/4hours/2010/4hr.htm

piet

Here's a pic of the Lavergnac 750. It was a good effort by the team who had to deal with a swing arm fracturing in practice, a crash during the race and rapidly dimming lights which made the night session a bit fraught to say the least....
It was a fantastic event and , as always, a pleasure to meet all the forum folk :D

Attachments

• Lavergnac 750.jpg
    Lavergnac 750.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 65
359 is Willi Werndl.
538 is forum member Stephane, I had 590.

Stephane and I had a blast on the Sunday morning session, being equally fast and on same racing Dunlops, we several times were side by side on the straights, looking eachother in the eyes... a session to remember...

Marnix

Attachments

• IMG_4358kl.jpg
    IMG_4358kl.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4359kl.jpg
    IMG_4359kl.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 49
Really enjoyed the 3 days, meeting everyone and the hospitality shown by all, thank you.

Some footage here of Laverda's

Rob

Wonderful meeting !
Was great to meet you guys

Attachments

• DSC01037_1024_s.jpg
    DSC01037_1024_s.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC01039_R_1024_s.jpg
    DSC01039_R_1024_s.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC01049_102_s.jpg
    DSC01049_102_s.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC01050_1024_s.jpg
    DSC01050_1024_s.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 25
A couple more Videos of the Sunday at Bikers Classics. 1st one is following a CBX Special frame ??, a GS1000 and possibly another CBX Im not really sure.   Spa 2010 series 400 sunday pm      

2nd video is against a Ducati race bike and a Z1000 ?.  Spa lap Laverda Triple 3.03.68.      
If anyone can name the bikes, I'd be grateful  ???

The weather was really poor on Saturday so we were all really lucky with the change for Sunday.  Cheers Rob

Rob, these 2 latest links don't open for me.
My system can't find them.
Are they on Youtube?

Well that was one great weekend.
Great track, great people, great selection of bikes.
Excellent to catch up with some people we had already meet and not seen for awhile.
Really great to meet some people we had not met before, Jen, Lothar, Bertrand, Craig and a dozen more that I cannot remember their names.

Real bummer about Andre but real glad it was only bruises.

Dori is a gem, as always, was great catching up with her and Piet again, hopefully in 2-3 years time we will get a motorhome and join you in the pits for a proper get together.

Excellent to catch up with Robjota, was fantastic watching him on the track, so stoked to be wearing out his knee sliders as he should be to.  :goodjob:
Rob, bike is a credit to you, was running fantastic on the weekend and was great watching you round up the whole class of bikes that you were in.
Top stuff indeed.

Rob and Mr Bradbury, thanks for a top time, and the small headache, hope you got back in time for the ferry.
See you in a couple of years.

Rufusbear, your time will come, podium finish within 7 years.

Tchau
Red and Max

Hi Red & Maxine,

thanks for catching up, was great talking to you two. Oh - and thanks for the gift, really appreciated!!  :wink: As said, you two have always a bike and a bed when you are in Germany. Would be great to have a tour around with Piet and some others together with you. My son's gear could fit Maxine probably (including the helmet) and there is a 750 Formula also for her...  :wink:

Have a great time in Europe and enjoy yourself. Hope to see you again.

Lothar

Hello Red and Max,

There are evenings in life, too unpredictable, wonderful, full of happiness and rich memories.
The dinner at SPA with you, Ray, Bruno and other friends, was a great moment of happiness.
Hope to see you one day, perhaps at a large meeting Laverda in Australia ...

Very friendly

Bertrand

(Sorry for my english: my two translators are absent tonight ...)

Ray told me he was struggling to upload pics of the Team Rufus/Lavergnac entry so here's a pic of Max Collonge looking stylish as he enters La Source hairpin during the first practice session.
Sadly, ignition gremlins meant that the bike failed to qualify; the organisers then offered a reserve place to the team subject to a further qualifying session but unfortunately the bike's oil catch tank mounting failed during the test session and the catch tank wedged itself between the frame and the rear wheel destroying the tyre. Merde happens....
You have to be philosophical about these things and I'm sure Ray will overcome his disappointment and bounce back to have another crack next year. The attrition rate amongst competitors was quite high this year and as Grant says, running 30 year old tackle in a long distance race is always going to be a challenge.

Attachments

• Rays spaceframe.jpg
    Rays spaceframe.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 45
Hi all!

also almost back from Spa (if I am mental back, I am not sure...)

Big pleasure to meet many of you there.

Here a video I took the last turn on Sunday. No need to reproduce often :angel: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI3NanNncqI

and the matching "official" picture attached,

I will upload some more videos on youtube soon I hope,

greetings from Hamburg, Jens

Attachments

• BikersClassicsJens2010.jpg
    BikersClassicsJens2010.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 38
...and my Laverda is also back home:  :wink:

Jens

Attachments

• IMG_6453a.jpg
    IMG_6453a.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6459.jpg
    IMG_6459.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 32
Hi all.  Yes, a good year - really great to meet you Red, and Maxene, and always good to catch up with Bob.

Photos are up on http://www.actionphototeam.com/index.php?mod=vweve&smod=sea&ide=2053

Craig       

... and another - the last - one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSJbxqOKE1k

Regarding the last video with Rob: have been asked, why I did do that. It was not with intend.

Perhaps it is not obvious: They did break 50-100 meters earlier than necessary. Thats all.

Jens

Jens, That 's a great video! Really captures a flavour of what a lap of Spa is like....

Back