Broken choke lever!

1200ts

Hero member
I just broke the plastic choke lever on my 1200TS. Wolfgang has no more as I got the last he had a year ago for my RGS. Andy Wagner has them at 214.80 € for an alloy one and 142.80 € for plastic. With shipping costs to the USA I am looking at over $200 for a piece of plastic!

What other bikes used this lever or is it only Laverda?
 
I reckon a throttle lever off an old Victa mower (ancient Australian icon) would do the trick - that's insane money for something as simple as a choke lever. I'd be out in the shed with a block of alloy, a drill press, a hacksaw and a file :cool:

You could also adapt something using a Shimano bicycle thumb gear shifter without too much trouble. Oh to be a rivet counter ... NOT!!!
 
Yes, the lever is the same between twins and triple's with the plastic lever.

Early bikes have an alloy lever which never breaks but spending almost 300 € to get one is a crazy amount of money!
Doesn't break, but I ground the top of the little round bit on the end of the lever by dragging it on the road!! (I would have used another word for 'the little round bit' but CK might have used it as an op for filth :ROFLMAO:
 
Does it need to be plastic? I replaced mine with a metal lever from bsa or Norton or similar. There are quite a lot of 7/8" choke levers on ebay for sale, around 20 money, that could be adapted to fit Laverda.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20240713_114608_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240713_114608_Gallery.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 15
Yes, the lever is the same between twins and triple's with the plastic lever.

Early bikes have an alloy lever which never breaks but spending almost 300 € to get one is a crazy amount of money!
 
I just broke the plastic choke lever on my 1200TS. Wolfgang has no more as I got the last he had a year ago for my RGS. Andy Wagner has them at 214.80 € for an alloy one and 142.80 € for plastic. With shipping costs to the USA I am looking at over $200 for a piece of plastic!

What other bikes used this lever or is it only Laverda?
Hi.
I have 3D print the lever, but is not working ( is broke after some week)
If we are some one, we Can have some 3D print in Alu.
Br
Peder
 
These folks supplied me with a couple of plastic parts for my Ducati E900 Elefant. They were $8-10 each.

 
Back
Top