CHAIN

andychain

Since I have been on here I have helped many Laverda owners with cam, primary and rear chains.

The cams are automotive iwis, the primary can be Tsubaki or IRIS triplex and the rear anything from light but strong iwis non O ring in plain bued finish or nickel to O ring chain.

I now have a web site www.the-chain-man.co.uk and would welcome any comments from Laverda owners who I have sent product to.

Keep up the good work.

Andy

Your "next shows" page is a bit sparse  ;)

You were talking about coming up to the Scottish show in March - did you decide to?

Andy.
I am going  to replace the  final drive chain on a montjuic i recently bought.
I already have new standad sprockets, but the choice of chains is endless.
which non "o" ring chain do you consider to be the best on quality, price not important.
Ps i do not want a Regina seen to many break.
                                                          cheers  Pete.

Hi Andy.

Great to see your new site.....  I would like an opportunaty to recommend you, as a happy customer... Please could you provide a "Recommendations" Page....Or a feedback source...  :smiley:

I am MOST CERTAINLY ONE VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER !

Best Wishes Brother

Tim

Andychain said:
<snip> ... and would welcome any comments from Laverda owners who I have sent product to.

Me, for example  :D.  Here's the story in brief:

I changed the primary chains on my Corsa recently.  Originally, 'cos I had to get some other bits at the same time, I ordered a pair of chains from Wolfgang.  Nothing wrong there.  However, while waiting for delivery, I read up what people had said here and on old MSN and that was enuf to persuade me to also order up Andy's IWIS G67HP chain - it has a bigger pin diameter than the regular stuff.

All I can say is that the visual contrast between the two chains is remarkable.  I should hasten to add there's nothing wrong with what I got from Wolfgang.  But it's Andy's, big pin chain that has gone into the bike ...  :wink:

Ciao

Craig

Thanks guys I was trying to get on the traders page but seem to have missed.

Pete the O ring I have supplied to other Laverdas is RK. It comes in standard and Gold. Around ?60 for standard and ?80 for gold.

The difference is the colour. All O ring is made by the same company but not at the same location so I am a little puzzled by the failure of the Regina????????

More shows to be added over the next few days and I will get a cooments section.

Once again thanks lads

Andy

And speaking of conversion, while fitting the new 530 parts I got from Wolfgang onto the RGS, I checked the workshop manual for a torque spec for the gearbox sprocket bolts...no specific listing. So I looked on p 39 for the general. It shows 6 ~ 9 ft-lbs for a 6 x 1 mm bolt. Even though the bolts are secured by a serrated (?) retainer, that torque spec seems inadequate. Can this be correct?

Sheldon

Sheldon,

Torque for a M6x1 8.8 bolt is 10Nm(actually something around 9+a bit) which equals 7.37lbf-ft.  Spring washers do fine, if you're unsure, add a drop of Loctite!

piet

Thanks, Piet. That's what I'll do. Changing chain and sprockets has turned into a bigger deal than I thought. I just can't put stuff back together dirty and banged up, so have cleaned everything, touched up the nicks and shined it all up like new (near as damn it). This kind of project is really satisfying.

The rear sprocket is a beauty (alumi with nicely drilled lightening holes) and only weighs half the original. So together with the lighter chain, I'll reduce unsprung weight quite a bit. Can't wait to ride it.

Sheldon

spaynenda said:
Thanks, Piet. That's what I'll do. Changing chain and sprockets has turned into a bigger deal than I thought. I just can't put stuff back together dirty and banged up, so have cleaned everything, touched up the nicks and shined it all up like new (near as damn it). This kind of project is really satisfying.

The rear sprocket is a beauty (alumi with nicely drilled lightening holes) and only weighs half the original. So together with the lighter chain, I'll reduce unsprung weight quite a bit. Can't wait to ride it.

Sheldon

Having recently purchased this bike from Sheldon, I can attest that his description of "like new" barely skims the surface.  It's a beautiful, very well-cared for bike.

Back