Club Laverda NSW brekky run 30/1/22

I haven't asked if they are open or doing food or checked the weather, who cares, I just need to brake my duck for a ride.
 
I just spent 30 minutes doing a quick check-over of the bike in my tin garden shed, I didn't actually see any Korean WW2 prison guards but it was a sweatbox for sure. I now remember why nothing gets done in Summer
 
Alex has had me under his barn find porsche 944 all morning, in the shed, run out of sweat! Clutch slave cylinder full of rust, as expected. This would be a good thread on the new "other projects" category 😜
 
Removing steering lock from Skoda in 37 degree heat, v high humidity, full sun in the street. Refitting after dark, under streetlights, with head torch in pouring rain, car under tarp in the street.

My workshop in the heat is unusable ... heatstroke marerial.
 
Did well in the morning run to Gray Gums, got motivated and latched on to the 2 who decided to do the full Putty loop, approx 400ks. I need to bite the bullet and ride more to get bike fit but it was tough on me later in the avo. I went into TOMMY TOURER mode bumbling along, too tied to push hard, and the back way to Dr Jurds is rough narrow and chokers with idiots in massive four-wheel drives heading home from the Vineyards and all over the road in tight corners. We got fuel and I left Marty and Tom to have lunch at Lagoona. I had my vented jacket zipped back but was still cooking, I also got a windburn on my left eye with the helmet vent open. I had a pleasant run down the old Rd and stopped at Pie in the Sky to buy dinner, luckily there were ONLY 20 people qued up in the full sun. Again I cooked, and then the Expressway was slowed to a walking pace so I had to filter from Berowra to the Pacific Hwy exit, apparently, it's back to school tomorrow so this was the holiday crowd coming back to Sydney. I am now camped in front of the AC with a cold drink. We had a good roll-up. I am hopeless with names so as not to offend I won't go there but we had 2 twins a Bineli a 120 Jota that wasn't Wills but he was on it, my 3c, 1 RGS and 3 Jotas. That was Brett Carlos from the DEEP BUSH and Tom from THE BEACH. We should call this one as 4 twins, 2 of the Jotas had a plug change at Gray Gums, bit of a coincidence. Must be a full moon or something. PS I didn't get launched out of the saddle once today, I am pretty happy with how it works now, Ideally, some firmer high-speed compression in the rear but my cheap shocks don't go there. I did have one breakage, the double-sided tape that holds my Voltmeter on my dash gave up in the heat, something stronger is needed.
 
Thanks for sorting everything Marty and Will for the spare plug. The trick Vince is not to make any suspension adjustments when you are saddle sore!
 
We have enough laws here, and half the time the bloody cops make up new or obscure ones just to be dicks and rub their power in. I shouldn't complain its been a good while since that has happened, I am probably due a tug. The last time was noticing some random car parked well off The Old Rd in a paddock. I gave it a long look as I passed and then noticed the Radar gear mounted on the dash, heavily tinted car with no markings, my error was doing a slight head shake. That resulted in him coming out full bore lights and sirens and a 20-minute lecture about my disrespect with my licence in his grubby hand. That really increased my lack of respect. I heard later he was notorious for his anti-bike attitude. No tickets thankfully. Lucky me.
 
Couldn't find the RGS in that lot. Saw some other bloke without gloves though. I feel naked without gloves.

Interesting mix of bikes and riding styles. Some scratchers dragging the knee, some cruising and taking it easy, and a few who seemed to have an identity crisis somewhere in between - hanging off the side of the bike with the knee out, but barely leaning over.
 
Well played Gentlemen, you made me scroll through that lot again. It's a red RGS two up pic numbers 5427 and 5428.
 
Thanks Vince. Found them. Hmm, no jackets either. Lot of exposed skin there.

OK, fess up. Who rides a red RGS in the Sydney area? Even if they're not on here, someone has to know them.

In the photo just before the RGS (#5421) WTF is that thing sticking straight up above the rider's head?
 
It's not smart riding up there where you tend to push the bike a bit wearing no gear especially two up but it's not my business. Plenty of times I would do a lap of my block in T-shirt and shorts testing the bike but a lap of The Old Rd, NAA.
 
Back
Top