Clutch Rubbers

I just noticed this advertisment.


I know Massimos design was based on the Honda CB 72, are the clutch rubbers of the Hondas and the Laverdas identical ?

At that price, Honda Owners will be asking, “are these the same as Laverda Clutch Cush rubbers?” 😁
 
yes thats also my opinion, but I think Uwe made a extrusuon tool and produced these rubbers by cutting the extruded rubber. That might be the reason for the price.
 
Is the inner cone also copied from a Honda? Technically there should be no cone, but it may help manufacturing and installing the parts on the production line. The cone causes uneven power transfer for the chain, as you can see that two one row chains wear unevenly, one of them usually hanging more than the another.
 
Is the inner cone also IMG_9639.jpegIMG_9638.jpeg from a Honda? Technically there should be no cone, but it may help manufacturing and installing the parts on the production line. The cone causes uneven power transfer for the chain, as you can see that two one row chains wear unevenly, one of them usually hanging more than the another.
Hi Jouni, which cone do you mean?
Attached is a drawing from Uwe of the Honda item and a foto of a used Laverda rubber.
 
I have found on my Laverda that the hole is slightly conical inside as the counter surfaces. Not much but just a little bit. Can try to put them in place backwards. There is a little bit more rubber on the outer edge and less on the inner edge. Simply cutting them from a bar would cause no cone.
 
I just noticed this advertisment.


I know Massimos design was based on the Honda CB 72, are the clutch rubbers of the Hondas and the Laverdas identical ?
AFAIK Honda never supplied clutch rubbers for the early bikes, certainly not for Fours.
Aftermarket items last about 2-3 years, then get very soft.
 
Back
Top