Eye's Skyward Kiwi's !

I agree with Cam. I know Ron has plenty of history with us, but recent posts have been so far left of field that my finger has hovered over the delete key.
And yes, Jim, I have previously warned him about this, and received reassurance about future behaviour

At the risk of being patronising to Ron - here is my angle...

I like to think that our merry band of brothers is giving some company/comfort/entertainment/focus/release to Ron. He has a lot of years under his belt and older folk need a social release. As we all do when we get old.

For me, I just let Ron get on with it. I read some posts and some not, but I don't worry about it. If we were all in the pub together, I wouldn't tell him to shut up or leave.

Naturally, if the subject get offensive that is different, but general nonsense, non-Laverda stuff - I let it go by me. Occasionally, it's bloody funny.

Last edited:
Yep, agreed. I know some rely on a daily dose of forum posts to keep them going. There is the option to ignore a contributor if it gets too much

Ouch! Dellortoman - What side of the bed did get you get up on this morning !

You do realize I intend to continue with my Funny Side.

PS: I'm not always pituded while on this forum + I know a hell of a lot about the Breganzie 750 SF ;o)

I tend to get a lot of hits when I post on this Forum, other then that. I expect Forum Administrates to either LOCK or Delete this thread if my post has become too controversial. I've never attacked any forum member on this forum; however, I will disagree in a polite way or suggest an alternative FIX.

I'm suggesting Laverda Administration LOCK this Post - Not that I have any feelings towards Dellortoman.

He has lots to contribute but where this came from - He is not a 73 year old senior member of this forum that has been caring for and racing a 1970 Breganzie 750 SF for over 45 years and then have to give up because of old age.

Last edited:
Controversial for most Motorcyclists, the Breganzie 750SF is not exactly an easy ride to maintain nor a great performer without practice to win races - She demands dedication or she can kill you.

Last edited:
Ouch! Dellortoman - What side of the bed did get you get up on this morning !
The wrong side actually. Personal circumstances have been a bit crap for me recently so both sides of the bed tend to be the wrong side. Sometimes on bad days my tolerance wears a bit thin and it shows through in my posts.

But I stand by the comment that anyone who's been hitting the bottle should perhaps think twice about posting stuff on the internet. So I don't regret or withdraw my post.

No Ron, I'm not 73. Compared to you I'm just a baby at 70, and have been riding and fettling bikes for 53 years. Not that that's particularly relevant to anything.

Carry on Ron, as will I.

Cam
(Grumpy old man)

Well Ron your like a broken record. At least Cam's input is way more relevant to Laverda maintenance and grammatical errors.
I for one just glance over your posts as it is of zero interest to me. But do carry on as some seem to like what you have to say.

Seventy two on Saturday so I qualify as an old fart.
One thing submarine service has taught me is not to take myself too seriously but when the shit hits the fan to take myself very seriously indeed, the trick is to find the tipping point.
Seems some take themselves very seriously all the time which tends to make Jack a dull boy.
Carry on Ron, most of your stuff is way out there but it harms no-one.
I'll get back in my corner now and carry on dribbling.

I'm only a bub at 65 but have owned 750s for 47 years so I know a thing or two about them. Most of what Ron says about 750s I don't agree with.
As for newbies to Laverda I'd be listening to the likes of Piet, Red, Rob and Cam and many others over what Ron says as advise on maintaining 750s
I also believe in free speech so carry on Ron.

I always read Cam's Posts. I don't interject because he's mostly correct for and old Breganzie owner with respect.

Makes me wonder how I offended a Tazimian forum Devel Member with my Canadian Hummer - I've been a patient subject of well appreciated Auzzie Shit Hummer for years on this forum.

Look at the Hit's of my Posts - Definitely entertaining - I'm no kid reporting on how to own, maintain and race a motorcycle.

Last edited:
Takes all kinds, Viva La Difference. Big supporter of freedom of Speech, easy till you disagree.We all tend to madness, who else would be still owning bloody old Motorbikes. Nappy to hear all those 70 year olds about, means I have plenty of time to catch up with all you old bastards at 65.

Five years = plenty of time, Vince?! The pace at which those years are whizzing by is frightening! Not long ago I hit 60 - now I'm heading rapidly to 66! Desperately trying to get onto the SFQ before I'm incapable of swinging a leg over! BTW, I am making progress ... with the SFQ that is.

Quote my Typo seems appropriate re nappy instead of Happy.

Nappy to hear all those 70 year olds about, means I have plenty of time to catch up with all you old bastards at 65.

Quote my Typo seems appropriate re nappy instead of Happy.

Nappy to hear all those 70 year olds about, means I have plenty of time to catch up with all you old bastards at 65.
I have found these comments to be very interesting, especially where several of you have posted your age. Until you did that I would have guessed that you were all somewhat younger going by your various comments on different topics. Just goes to show that old bikes keep ya young (at heart!).

Back