Getting old

I used to cycle to work when I lived in Melbourne (Prahran - city), but got sick of choking on vehicle exhaust fumes. I figured it was doing me more harm than good, so gave it up and became a tram commuter.

I should stop going to doctors. All they do is find more things that are wrong with you. I went for another skin check the other day and the doc found another melanoma. This one is on my back. I'm booked in to have it surgically removed next month.

If they keep whittling bits off me at this rate, sooner or later they'll get to a point when they don't know which bit to keep and which bit to throw away.

I am officially 73 years old today June 16th, 2021 - Happy Birthday Ron.

Due for my 2nd Phzer COVID shot on June 23rd - Providing I make it.

I can never remember how old I'm am on my birthday but here it is ;o)

Happy birthday Ron, you old fart. :)
Hopefully you'll survive another week until your next covid shot.

I've had my first AstraZeneca jab a while back. I'm booked in for the second one next month. Didn't get any blood clotting, but some people would argue that I'm already a massive clot.

happy birthday Ron, keep amusing us!

I have had several BCC growths (these dont do much harm at all) removed from my skin, and another coming off in July, but the worry for me is that I have pre-Melanoma cells on my face which is being treated with a cream that burns and stings, and leaves the skin red and raw, why? because its an acid!, treatment takes a month and I am one week in, better than getting the after pre bit though, and thankfully spotted by my bi-anual dermatology check.

dont feel too old do a steady 90 last night in torrential rain on the way home from our local pub meet (20 miles) but I was on my Pan, which made life a lot easier.
CLEM

Buon compleanno, Ron. That's Breganzie-an for happy birthday. I'm sure you've got plenty more years and tales to tell. (oh, and by the way, your SF didn't have a Bosch starter motor ;))

Sorry to hear that Chris. I hope it all turns out OK in the end. Cancer is not necessarily the death sentence it used to be. It can be a long and bumpy road to recovery though. Best wishes mate.
Spent the last 6 years of my working life in a cancer centre where I learnt that cancer, a lot of them, should be considered as a chronic ailment.

Paul

Back