Got MOT on my SFC1000 today

if you need a dating certificate (likely) then you can contact me for that, dont forget you will need a NOVA if the bike was imported to UK later than 15/April/2013
CLEM
 
Shall now commence with formal UK registration. Heavy unwieldy beast in traffic.
congratulations, very, very nice bike! Spoke wheels looking great on the "John-Player-Special"-design of the bike - just love it!

On the handling side, the spoke wheels are unfortunately contributing to the "heavy unwieldy beast" feeling, so do the Marzocchis on the rear. They are a bit on the soft side and the riding hights is most likely not optimal, though their overall length is correct.
 
Yes, a heavy unwieldy beast, but what about the bike?

Paul
Bike runs well, I have it a quick blast on a duel carriageway. There isn't an issue with having to rev it to keep it going Just the height at slow speeds and angle of my neck in relation to the low bars and the squat of my knees to get my feet on the footpegs. It's a kind of crate cafe racer in my view. Yes age is a factor. The old green Mirage's with higher bars must be a better town bike I'm guessing. I have a gaggle of sixties Lambretta scooters that I've been using for years so I've gone soft. With only 3000 Km since new this is as good new and with the work I've done recently reducing jet sizes Etc. I'd say It's as good as they get. I need to explore alternative open face helmets as the Bell I have presses on the neck at this riding angle.
 
Bike runs well, I have it a quick blast on a duel carriageway. There isn't an issue with having to rev it to keep it going Just the height at slow speeds and angle of my neck in relation to the low bars and the squat of my knees to get my feet on the footpegs. It's a kind of crate cafe racer in my view. Yes age is a factor. The old green Mirage's with higher bars must be a better town bike I'm guessing. I have a gaggle of sixties Lambretta scooters that I've been using for years so I've gone soft. With only 3000 Km since new this is as good new and with the work I've done recently reducing jet sizes Etc. I'd say It's as good as they get. I need to explore alternative open face helmets as the Bell I have presses on the neck at this riding angle.
Yes, as you say, probably need to harden the fuck up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Or grow 30 years younger !!!
 
Bike runs well, I have it a quick blast on a duel carriageway. There isn't an issue with having to rev it to keep it going Just the height at slow speeds and angle of my neck in relation to the low bars and the squat of my knees to get my feet on the footpegs. It's a kind of crate cafe racer in my view. Yes age is a factor. The old green Mirage's with higher bars must be a better town bike I'm guessing. I have a gaggle of sixties Lambretta scooters that I've been using for years so I've gone soft. With only 3000 Km since new this is as good new and with the work I've done recently reducing jet sizes Etc. I'd say It's as good as they get. I need to explore alternative open face helmets as the Bell I have presses on the neck at this riding angle.
Have you tried to mount the handle-bars above the top yoke? I will even try to mount them a bit more out and sidewards (someone sent me a pic some time ago and I found it quite an interesting idea to test). Should both improve the upright sitting, but I agree - longer arms would help more... :oops: same here...
 
Bike runs well, I have it a quick blast on a duel carriageway. There isn't an issue with having to rev it to keep it going Just the height at slow speeds and angle of my neck in relation to the low bars and the squat of my knees to get my feet on the footpegs. It's a kind of crate cafe racer in my view. Yes age is a factor. The old green Mirage's with higher bars must be a better town bike I'm guessing. I have a gaggle of sixties Lambretta scooters that I've been using for years so I've gone soft. With only 3000 Km since new this is as good new and with the work I've done recently reducing jet sizes Etc. I'd say It's as good as they get. I need to explore alternative open face helmets as the Bell I have presses on the neck at this riding angle.
I have the same neck problem on my 750 SFC.
Might cause me to sell it.
It wouldn't suit you either.

Paul
 
I'm with Lothar, Tommaselli has a line of clip-ons with raised angle handlebars.
Beautiful bike BTW

Gerald
 
Get some gsx 750 bars and mount above the yokes still a stretch but not as low and safer that those adjustable tomaselli bars which wear and move about-not good.Bob
 
Get some gsx 750 bars and mount above the yokes still a stretch but not as low and safer that those adjustable tomaselli bars which wear and move about-not good.Bob
ah, I've got VFR750* bars for mine, nice alloy clip ons which I've kept under the yokes as that suits me fine

* from a '90 VFR with 41mm forks, so I got them taken out to 41.7. Annoyingly, I've now got the VFR top yoke to match them and want to put them on my 89 vfr so I'll need to get in about the clip ons from it so they'll fit on the M1Rs instead
 
This Telefix bars are very similar to the originals, maybe they are the same. I have my bars mounted on top of the yokes as you see i n my avatar, it is comfortable.
 
Thank you for the links to alternative handlebars. It would me nice to see some detail photo's of actual set up. I can see I'm not the only one who had the issue, which is a relief. It's a shame the original bars don't adjust higher, the splay out angle isn't too bad.
 
Back
Top