"Grab the Flag" races at Pannoniaring/Hungary

lavgert

Hi all,

we had a splendid race weekend at Pannoniaring/Hungary! See the pix:
http://www.laverdafreunde.at/English/2010Pannoniaring.html

Ciao, Gert

Looks like fun Gert, what frame is on this?  http://www.laverdafreunde.at/Images/2010Pannoniaring/2010Pannoniaring-021b.jpg

Seat unit looks like a modern Triumph and it has GSXR running gear but I can't identify the frame from the pics.

Keith.

... its a Haider Laverda 1200 SC - a steel deltabox frame build in Austria in the 80ies. But Horsts bike was modified for street use and therefor the Speed Triple tail. Soon you will see this bike with the original monocoque and tank under the seat. More haider Laverda pix:
http://www.laverdafreunde.at/English/Haider.html

Ciao, Gert

Heh Gert
Really enjoyed the action pics of all your modified bikes. Well done to all the guys who were involved with Laverdas !

Rob

Great stuff Gert.
Fantastic to see so many Lavs out doing the business on the track.
I'm impressed with how well turned out all the bikes are, both these on your site and the other racebikes on the forum.
The bikes we race here in scandinavia... I'd be embarrassed to put out a pic :'(
We had our first "race camp" here 2 weeks ago. After 3 weeks sun it poured rain and 3 degC. 30 riders crashed the first day.
It dried on the sunday but was bloody cold. Regardless we managed to get the tyres well warm and got in some good laps.
Viva Laverda racing.

Gert. Classic Racing Club, (CRC) Norway. Most racing is through MCHK-R in Sweden. Both have websites. I race in class 7A (Forgotten Era, '74 - '79 over 250cc) with my modified 750 SF2 I bought in '75. My mate races an SF in Class 6, 750 classic '73 and earlier. His bike looks such a wreck that most pit visitors can't believe it could make it to the startline let alone the flag!! It is so modified it takes someone who really knows these bikes to see the work hidden behind the derelict facade. It is very fast. Otherwise theres a Harris triple in my class, polished and immaculate. That is it for Laverdas racing in scandinavia. Probably as many as are on the roads!!
First race is early June at V?ler north of Oslo. My work schedule at sea will only allow that race and at Sviestad (Linnkj?ping) in Sweden this year.
So it is good to see so many there in ?sterreich.
Viva Laverda.

Hi Tippie,
My friend Jan raced his 120 and his 180 for a number of years, also in Sweden, as there's no tracks in Denmark.
He is back on road now, but his race Laverda is almost ready, but surrendered to his underwear bike from Britain.

Cheers,
Jacques.

Hi Jaques
It would be good to see him on the track again
There is a big classic meeting at Ring Djursland in Denmark later this summer. I think CRRDC (Classic Road Racing Danmark) organise it. They also do the years first meeting at Ring Knutstorp near Malm? in sth Sweden just over the bridge from Dk. Get him back in touch if he is keen. Those Danish riders are bloody fast, always good to watch...from behind  :'(
My boat work now means I can?t always get to these great races.
Tippie

Great pics Gert, love the 750 in Gulf colours. I might try to get to that event next year.....

Back