GT Side stand

Shajota

Hero member
Location
Whitsundays Qld
I previously had the sidestand fitted on my AE but didn't like it's operation. The auto retract was too touchy and the thing never felt particularly safe so took it off. The spring also fouled the lock nut on the pivot bolt.
I am looking to put the stand back on and wondered if anyone had any tips to improve it's operation.
(Perhaps I also have an incorrect spring which might not help - can't find any pictures of what it should look like, maybe it needs a longer "shank" or something??)
Thanks for any help.............
 
These stands generally do not auto-retract, something wrong there.

The spring must clear the pivot bolt and is pulled over-centre when the stand is deployed, which then holds the stand in position. Check the spring locating lugs, perhaps something has been bodged in the past. A new pivot bolt with bushing often works wonders! ;)

piet
 
I have seen one of LavParadies replacement side stands and the spring fouled on the bolt for some reason. I think it didn't have the original (stepped?) bolt that doesn't protrude inside the frame lug and the spring caught on it.
 
Back
Top