Hey you lot I am 48 hours into this 1st forum experience ever for me.

Hey Pedro not that far out really but may as well be, a place called Kogan, desolate location looking to get out, more your way or up top.
Sounds great ......

Too many people / cars / speed humps / speed cameras / buildings / buses / trucks / potholes ( lots of those ) / adventure bikes / e-bikes ( always sneaking up on the inside in town .... although the fast ones look fun ) etc etc where I am ............ Although the ciders ok ......

Fancy a swop ?
 
Last edited:
Fuck yeah
I will check out the pensioner/health care compatibility and do it immediately and I do like a good cider.
But don't forget here the cattle, wallabies, Roos, Wombats, Feral pigs, dogs, goats, dingo's, giant feral cats, occasional sheep, fucking big lizards and snakes wide as the road and wasted gronk locals will need your full attention as you ride thru these great wide open spaces, also pack extra water/alcohol/tobacco/bandages, memorize your fuel stops if any are available and don't annoy any trigger happy constabulary, plain sailing enjoy
 
PS avoid running over road kill, number one cause of tire failure and/or sliding of into the hard wood and death fast or slow under the sun, got to love Australia
 
Along with Walkabout has to be Picnic At Hanging Rock .......... which is an ex-volcano in Victoria apparently ........

The film is slightly weird / unsettling / strange ....... girls disappearing and watches stopped at noon and all that .......

Anyone ever visited ...... on their Laverdas or otherwise ? ....... Maybe it`s a bit too much of a touristy attraction nowadays ........

Not far from Melbourne looking at the map .
 
Last edited:
Yeah and also lived in close proximity to Belanglo state forest (southern highlands) where Ivan Milat practiced his hobby.

Wolf creek and Razorback also good tourist movies add Chopper and Death in Brunswick for a good night in.
You`ve put me off a bit now ...... I thought it was all like the film Walkabout with a naked Jenny Agutter diving into pools and stuff ..........

Maybe I`ll stay at home after all ...........
Up to you mate but Oz really is a wild and interesting continent especially off the beaten track, love it.......so swap still?
 
Yeah and also lived in close proximity to Belanglo state forest (southern highlands) where Ivan Milat practiced his hobby.

Wolf creek and Razorback also good tourist movies add Chopper and Death in Brunswick for a good night in.

Up to you mate but Oz really is a wild and interesting continent especially off the beaten track, love it.......so swap still?

No , on second thoughts too old now ........ maybe twenty or thirty years ago ........... :).............. The ideas nice , but not the reality ...............

I like the look of the place though ........ and a population of 211 ...... I thought I lived in a small town , but it`s a teeming metropolis ( pop 5500 ) ) in comparison ..........
 
Last edited:
Along with Walkabout has to be Picnic At Hanging Rock .......... which is an ex-volcano in Victoria apparently ........

The film is slightly weird / unsettling / strange ....... girls disappearing and watches stopped at noon and all that .......

Anyone ever visited ...... on their Laverdas or otherwise ? ....... Maybe it`s a bit too much of a touristy attraction nowadays ........

Not far from Melbourne looking at the map .
'DON'T GO IN THERE, MIRANDA!!!!!' A fave little quip of mine whenever the situation arises where humour is on the menu. I tried to get a good pic of the SFQ at Hanging Rock, but just couldn't find a decent location on the road around it.

We used to have a ball as kids up there a (yep, picnics!!), exploring all the nooks and crannies - it really is a warren. Every now and then we'd head up and out through some narrow corridor between rocks and come to a sheer 30m drop. The appearance of Norman Gunston (actor Garry MacDonald) as a copper in the film created a few laughs in the cinemas, because by the time the it was released the character of Norman was larger than life. It was very hard to take him seriously once you'd seen some of his antics as Norman. It wasn't hard to imagine that the book and film were based on a true story ... alas, pure fiction!!
 
No , on second thoughts too old now ........ maybe twenty or thirty years ago ........... :).............. The ideas nice , but not the reality ...............

I like the look of the place though ........ and a population of 211 ...... I thought I lived in a small town , but it`s a teeming metropolis ( pop 5500 ) ) in comparison ..........
Copy that, look up Nerriga NSW pop was 9 when I was there early 2000nds
 
Along with Walkabout has to be Picnic At Hanging Rock .......... which is an ex-volcano in Victoria apparently ........

The film is slightly weird / unsettling / strange ....... girls disappearing and watches stopped at noon and all that .......

Anyone ever visited ...... on their Laverdas or otherwise ? ....... Maybe it`s a bit too much of a touristy attraction nowadays ........

Not far from Melbourne looking at the map .
Crawled all over it as a kid... had an eerie air to it even back then, the film debuted almost a decade later. I remember a horse race (trotters?) being staged there once a year.

piet
 
Back
Top