Information/race history sought - Jota MMJ 541P

Stuart Hammond

New member
Location
Uk
I have recently removed the dust sheets from my fathers Laverda Jota- Apparently it was raced in the Avon Brittish Superbike Championships. With a red stripe on the wheels.
I’m trying to find out as much as I can about it.
MMJ 541P
First registered on 06/04/1976
bought it 02/06/1978

Owned previously by someone who raced it. I have no details but understand it came 2nd in the Avon British Suberbike Chamionship presumably year 1975. No proof.
Frame and engine number both 3642 as the V5
Road tax ran out 1988
It seems I bought it for £1875 in the day.

Was running well when I stopped riding it in 1988. Engine run briefly in 1998
Many thanks to anyone with information- this thread seemed to work include a lot of the things my dad talks about.
8F45714D-BBAB-446F-AD45-DC55E3AE5DE9.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • FEB90BB8-0DBC-4686-9C5C-2D2042189493.jpeg
    FEB90BB8-0DBC-4686-9C5C-2D2042189493.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
I have recently removed the dust sheets from my fathers Laverda Jota- Apparently it was raced in the Avon Brittish Superbike Championships. With a red stripe on the wheels.
I’m trying to find out as much as I can about it.
MMJ 541P
First registered on 06/04/1976
bought it 02/06/1978

Owned previously by someone who raced it. I have no details but understand it came 2nd in the Avon British Suberbike Chamionship presumably year 1975. No proof.
Frame and engine number both 3642 as the V5
Road tax ran out 1988
It seems I bought it for £1875 in the day.

Was running well when I stopped riding it in 1988. Engine run briefly in 1998
Many thanks to anyone with information- this thread seemed to work include a lot of the things my dad talks about.
View attachment 68882
Hi Stuart - I'm pretty sure the "MMJ" series reg numbers were allocated to Morphy Motors - I seem to remember registering plenty of "MMJ's" - I may have even sold your bike when new. The Avon series didn't start until 1976. - Regards - Phil
 
Hi Stuart - I'm pretty sure the "MMJ" series reg numbers were allocated to Morphy Motors - I seem to remember registering plenty of "MMJ's" - I may have even sold your bike when new. The Avon series didn't start until 1976. - Regards - Phil
Brill thank you - dad can’t quite remember the dates- seems to think it came 2nd. Thank you- very interesting. He was the 2nd owner
 
Back
Top