Jota 1000 Seat lock mechanism not clicking or holding shut.

JackB

New member
Location
Los Angeles
Owner doesn’t have the key but the latch still moves freely. However it doesn’t grasp on to the pole under the seat when closed. I don’t know if it’s worn down or if the key is needed for that functionality. Anyone had a similar issue or know where I can source a replacement?
 
The pole or locking peg is fixed. Check it’s not slightly bent and/or try making some adjustment at the hinges, you may have to elongate the mounting holes slightly in the hinge brackets.
 
You don't need the key to close it.
Have a good look, it's a simple mechanism.
Paul
I’ll have you know that I was put off by this and then immediately went out in the garage while sarcastically saying “iT’s A siMpLe MeChAniSm” out loud in a mocking tone over and over. Then fixed it out of pure spite by simply having a good look and just doing it. So long story short, you were right.

I just notched the pole a little deeper with a dremel.
 
I’ll have you know that I was put off by this and then immediately went out in the garage while sarcastically saying “iT’s A siMpLe MeChAniSm” out loud in a mocking tone over and over. Then fixed it out of pure spite by simply having a good look and just doing it. So long story short, you were right.

I just notched the pole a little deeper with a dremel.
Great news.
Always listen to Mary Poppins.
Paul
 
Back
Top