fuck that, no money in being a mechanicSo your not a mechanic then Red!!
only became one after I retired from the Oilfield as could afford it by than
Last edited:
fuck that, no money in being a mechanicSo your not a mechanic then Red!!
As Red mentions, yours will have overbored cases, barrels and larger OD liners (std 1200?), Rob. You'd never get 1145 out of a std 1000 liner.going any bigger creates clearance issues, liners get too thin therefore having to bore out the cylinder block to take larger liners. Can't say what the maximum bore on standard liners are.
Thank you Paul, I'll contact the seller! Ciao, GertThis has been for sale for ages, maybe you could get someone to collect it and send it to you?
Bare cylinder block without liner for 1200 LAVERDA
Local pickup preferred
Sbaglio mio, Roberto! (my mistake) I should have remembered you started with a 1200. A lot of 1000s are now 1150s courtesy of Red's torque monster conversions.Not sure what you referring to Q.
My motor was always a 1200 that was bored to 81mm to fit Reds Ross pistons. Nothing outlandish like trying to squeeze in 82-83mm pistons which is what the topic is referring to.
Re read my posts, no mention of 1000 sleeves
Ouch! It's Pat ha ha! Paul is my mortal enemy![]()
Hi Soeren, I have sent you a PM today!I have 1200 barrels on which a workshop has measured the bores. Cylinder 1: 80.50 - 80.55, Cylinder 2: 80.53 and Cylinder 3: 80.50-80.51.
Contact me if You still search for the cylinder block.
//Soren