LAVERDA 750 SFC barnfind

I was doing a presentation at a university and the girl before me did a presentation of this micro focus x-ray machine:

X-ray copier

They scanned an animal skull then using the scan data reproduced it with all the details using 3D printer.

Should work for a PHB...

I was doing a presentation at a university and the girl before me did a presentation of this micro focus x-ray machine:

X-ray copier

They scanned an animal skull then using the scan data reproduced it with all the details using 3D printer.

Should work for a PHB...
now thats pretty damn cool, never thought of that

I heard my name!
Here is some additional information on the barn find SFC here in Chicago. It's in the hands of Joe Walano, the Guzzi Doctor, a competent restorer who knows what he has ahead of him. Joe also is the support mechanic for a 1913 Guzzi that runs the Cannonball every year, he spent years restoring cars and bikes and he has a lot of bikes in queue that he is working on now. Here's a nice write up of that bike and Joe.

The blasting was dry ice, not beads, and was a test to see how the filth would come off the bike. It's in rough shape as far as surface corrosion is concerned, but the completeness of the bike is there. Inside will be a mystery until he gets into it. Kinda interesting to find this battery still inside the bike.
20211111_181623.jpg

I have known Joe for a long time, and I already gave him some NALOC swag which will soon be followed up with an extra green book I have for him. I don't know when he's going to be getting it on the lift but when he does I'll make sure to stop by and document some of it. This may be the only one I will ever have a chance to hear running, kind of excited about that. Here he is in his shop last I visited.

20211111_182513.jpg

Have a great day,
Bob

I could spend a few hours at the Guzzi doctor's.
The restoration of that Indian however, is very unfortunate. Very over restored.

Paul

I could spend a few hours at the Guzzi doctor's.
The restoration of that Indian however, is very unfortunate. Very over restored.

Paul

Yes, and no...

The bike's been built to run the Cannonball, in todays traffic conditions. A "proper" brake, good lighting and decently-working tyres are worth more than a good life insurance. Sure, the shinyness detracts from the oringinals' beauty/novelty/whatever, but it will certainly gain a good bit of patina during that adventure. Won't look too over-restored then! From my own experience, my 100 Tourismo sat on the starting line in Milan looking like it had only just left the showroom floor. Only 5 days later, it had aged a good 5 years! ;) Certainly not complaining, though.

SFC workhorses tend to look scruffy, the original-type frame coating generally doesn't hold up well for long, much of the plastic cracks and grazes. They tend to end up over-restored.

piet

Last edited:
That Cannonball is brutal, I follow Doug the Round the World Chopper bloke on Adventure Rider when he does it and there rebuilds in carparks mid-trip.

Yes, and no...

The bike's been built to run the Cannonball, in todays traffic conditions. A "proper" brake, good lighting and decently-working tyres are worth more than a good life insurance. Sure, the shinyness detracts from the oringinals' beauty/novelty/whatever, but it will certainly gain a good bit of patina during that adventure. Won't look too over-restored then! From my own experience, my 100 Tourismo sat on the starting line in Milan looking like it had only just left the showroom floor. Only 5 days later, it had aged a good 5 years! ;) Certainly not complaining, though.

SFC workhorses tend to look scruffy, the original-type frame coating generally doesn't hold up well for long, much of the plastic cracks and grazes. They tend to end up over-restored.

piet
I fully understand the need to ensure a modicum of safety, but is it necessary to leave the stickers on the rims?

My SFC is over restored. ;)

I fully understand the need to ensure a modicum of safety, but is it necessary to leave the stickers on the rims?

My SFC is over restored. ;)
Yanks just love decals! ;) They generally plaster everything with them. Maybe it's a sponsorship thing in this case?

piet

They also go nuts with chalk marks made on the assembly line with collector cars, that's really anal

Back