Laverda Jota Ownership, second time around. (ramblings)

Is it just me, or are the holes in all three of those jets completely different?? The middle one looks like it's burred in some way for a start. And as for running massive main jets, depending on the needles it's running you can literally remove the main jets and once over a certain main jet size, it will make zero difference. If the ratio of needle-tip-area-to needle-jet-open-area is smaller than the open area of the main jet you've reached the max available fuel delivery. Lee and I had to fit different needle profiles to our SFC'd motors to get correct full throttle jetting on the dyno (from K2 to K4 from memory).

Having said that, I doubt Carlo's bike would run clean on full throttle with the mains removed. Astonishing find!!

My first thought was maybe they had been soldered or epoxed up and redrilled smaller. Bet your happy it was found and fkxed.BTW my Laptop has died again so its back to the phone.Thats Cams ignision tuning Laptop.Time to scrap up the pennys and buy one that runs for more than 2 weeks at a time.

Vince said:
Thats Cams ignision tuning Laptop

Blimey. That old Dell Latitude would be a bit of a dinosaur to use for web browsing. I only ever use mine for connecting to Ignitech ignition units.
Do you know what's wrong with the laptop? If it's a crashed hard disk I might be able to help. I have another Dell Latitude D620 here that doesn't work, but I kept it for spare parts. I think it has a dodgy motherboard but the hard disk is OK.

If you're in the market for a new computer, ask yourself if you really need a laptop.

For my main computer at home, I gave up on laptops and bought a desktop with a tower case and separate monitor & keyboard. You get more performance per dollar, a bigger monitor, better keyboard, and it's easier and cheaper to fix if something goes belly-up. Only thing against it is that it isn't portable, but I've found that not to be a problem. I can use my phone if I need web access or email when I'm away from home.

If I wanted to buy a laptop with the same performance as my desktop, I'd be looking at double the price.

I am on my 2nd screen,it got a bump the other day and cracked.Its been acting up for a while,not loading windows.I travel a lot and it gets a lot of use.My repair bloke strugels getting parts.He tells me he can sell me an Apple running windows thats way more reliable for a grand so I expect thats the snswer.Its been a grate gafget but time to get another i think

I'm not at all surprised that parts availability is poor. There wouldn't be many of those old Dells still in service. The laptop I have here with the dodgy motherboard has a good screen if you wanna get your repair guy to do a screen replacement.

Thanks but its suddenly decided to work again. Maybe it needs a harder wack. I can live with the cracked screen, as long as it decides to keep working.

" I only ever use mine for connecting to Ignitech ignition units."
Same here, I have an ancient pensioned off Dell from my wife's business on the shelf just for Ignitech.
I wish they would make the units connectable to other than that type with that type of plug connection.

Tippie said:
" I only ever use mine for connecting to Ignitech ignition units."
Same here, I have an ancient pensioned off Dell from my wife's business on the shelf just for Ignitech.
I wish they would make the units connectable to other than that type with that type of plug connection.
same here I have an old Sony vaio that stays in a draw in toolbox and only used for ignitech.

I scored my mate's daughter's old Yr10 school laptop - had to buy a charger for it, but it will be my Ignitech unit. I'd be a lot happier if Ignitech did a modern program revamp that could run on Windows AND Apple.

Decided to ring metal gear and they discovered their website was wrong and they had lots of RH disks. So will get the new disc fitted, change clutch cable and pop on the new filters.

IMG_9232.JPG

So when you can?t go riding with your mates you have time to do jobs.

New RH disc on now, so good, can?t believe I took so long.

Fitted a new heavy duty clutch cable and retired the current one to under seat spare, felt it was living on borrowed time. It was too long but a bit of budging with a cable tie was enough to make it fit. It?s a Venthill and in the past they fitted fine but I think the ?heavy duty? ones are a different size.

Changed the fork oil back to 15W on the mission to soften the bike up. Quick test seemed good. Longer test ride tomorrow.

Black unifilters look better than the tatty greenies.

IMG_9243.JPG

Who did you get the cluch cable from, I need one as well. Found some broken curled wire 30mm up the cable near the end of the outer.  Usually they snap at the nipple,cannot complain. I haven't broken a cable in donkey's years, maybe heading to a Christmas Party at Marty's so so long ago.

Isn't the support for the cable on the crankcase the wrong way round?
The cable is rubbing on the adjuster and has found another excuse to break.

Paul

I ordered direct from Venhill in UK as I have before but the cable is different, casing different and as is is a touch too long. Put a spacer top and bottom and will order one thy fits properly - surprised.

Good job getting home Vince, meant to say that previously.

@paul Marx the mount is how it?s always been and never had an issue before.

Quick run to Campbelltown today to look at a car.

IMG_9255.JPG

Back