Laverda Novice question

Hi everyone, I've been a DUCATI guy up until now. I purchased an old 750 SF from a guy who had it in storage for over 20 years. I plan to do a complete rebuild but before that, I need to get the paperwork rolling (French bureaucracy) for this I need to positively identify which model it is. Can you guys please let me know / confirm that this is a SF1? (yes in very bad shape) many thanks in advance from an Aussie living in France
 

Attachments

  • 1000052860.jpg
    1000052860.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 120
  • 1000052847.jpg
    1000052847.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 1000052858.jpg
    1000052858.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 117
Hi everyone, I've been a DUCATI guy up until now. I purchased an old 750 SF from a guy who had it in storage for over 20 years. I plan to do a complete rebuild but before that, I need to get the paperwork rolling (French bureaucracy) for this I need to positively identify which model it is. Can you guys please let me know / confirm that this is a SF1? (yes in very bad shape) many thanks in advance from an Aussie living in France
All SFs are old.Your bike is a 72 model SF, made between September 71 and July 72.
French bureaucracy is no worse than many others and no doubt better than some.
Have you got the original documents?
Paul
 
Thanks Paul, sadly I don't have the documents but this is a good start. Much appreciated. Peter
Let me know. I live in France and have registered quite a few bikes here.
I'm also chairman of the Amicale 750 Laverda for what it's worth and maybe a dating certificate from me would be accepted by the French administration or the FFVE if you're going for a "carte grise de collection".
Paul
 
Nice project if you got it at the right price. There seems to be no end of ways people come up with to make an awful mess of their bikes. I think that's the worst tail light mounting I've ever seen. 🤮
 
People used to mount Dirtbike tail lights on a looped rubber strap to stop bulbs from vibrating to death, but drilling into an expensive seat like that is pretty crazy.
 
Not just crazy, Vince - dead ugly!! The looped rubber on a dirt bike was a clever and simple way to stop the bulbs breaking. And would have looked perfectly in sync with the bike's vibe.
 
That looks like a nice project that will require lots of work and money. I just noticed the brake light mounted on the seat, which is the type of seat I wish came w mine instead of the ugly boxy storage box w/ lid.
 
That looks like a nice project that will require lots of work and money. I just noticed the brake light mounted on the seat, which is the type of seat I wish came w mine instead of the ugly boxy storage box w/ lid.
None of the 'single' seats fulfils either function well: true single or useful double. It's why I never fitted one and instead had a bevel SS seat. Form over function the Laverda road single seats I reckon. SFC singles are made for the orangutan-armed rider tank length - I lengthened the base on mine to suit the shorter SF tank - ergonomically excellent for me, can ride all day in comfort (with clipons above the top clamp and moderate rearsets).
 
Back
Top