Laverda - Odds and sods from the WWW

About 75% of my screen has a Cookies notification blocking the article that I cannot scroll past and agree to accept so I then read a fair bit through the remaining not-covered section of the screen about 30mm wide and before I could finish reading it that last bit of screen I could see was covered by an ad for the Hagitys newsletter plus the cookies notification as well. None of these had a way to delete or turn them off these banners that I could find. This is on my laptop so I bet it's a screen size issue with my resolution losing the off button. As Dave was saying it's probably old news we have all read before, but what a NAFF way to open a story on Laverdas featuring that joke of a Vtwin. Just to repeat what to me was their obviously stupid failing, Aprilia had a Moto GP triple-engined race bike that would have reignited the long-term Laverda engine architecture so why use a Vtwin? Guess why every engine option Porsche, BMW bikes, or Harly tried that didn't tie into their History FAILED to sell big time.

Laverton;

Suburb of Melbourne, Victoria. RAAF Airfield. Place where Giacomo Agostini got his arse whipped by an aussie rider (Ken Blake).

Imho, that Laurence creation is simply hideous, while the Norton bone-shaker in the Lav chassis ticks all (my) boxes.

piet

Laverton;

Suburb of Melbourne, Victoria. RAAF Airfield. Place where Giacomo Agostini got his arse whipped by an aussie rider (Ken Blake).

Imho, that Laurence creation is simply hideous, while the Norton bone-shaker in the Lav chassis ticks all (my) boxes.

piet
Same here.
Paul

Laverton;

piet
It ended up very controversial as Aledagly no appearance Fees were paid, that's how most pro racers made a living back then. That and prize money.

Laverton is a Village in the Cotswolds and of course a well known Laverda enthusiast and member of the Gloucester Chapter of ILOC. I think it is one bike he doesn’t own but perhaps would like to own.

Back