My hotrod 750 - 880SFCK project

Like this Chris!
Looking ace by the way. Now I'm looking at that SF1 motor I have sitting on a pedestal in the corner with ideas running through my mind. Once the house is finished I'll be looking for a new project. Red has my new centre section SFC crank, only need to source the ends and I can have a 270? crank built which is a pretty good start. Been wanting to rebuild that motor for a long time. Still at least a couple of years away in reality so no point getting too excited yet :D

Attachments

• P3270703.JPG
    P3270703.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 51
motoddrob said:
Like this Chris!
Looking ace by the way. Now I'm looking at that SF1 motor I have sitting on a pedestal in the corner with ideas running through my mind. Once the house is finished I'll be looking for a new project. Red has my new centre section SFC crank, only need to source the ends and I can have a 270? crank built which is a pretty good start. Been wanting to rebuild that motor for a long time. Still at least a couple of years away in reality so no point getting too excited yet :D

Thanks Rob

Hey Chris, great to see the beast back on the move - I've been very patient waiting for you to carry on with your excellent work! Looking sensational. Mine won't be anywhere hear as pretty ... if I go for looks AND rad mods it'll be 10 years before I can throw a leg over!

Robber, you can have Red machine down your SF outers and press them straight onto your SFC centre. Too bloody easy!

Thanks, but not as patient as me!

Raised the rear of the fairing this morning, much betterer.
Ordered the old style Laverda logo tank sticker from Italy today ...... Retro look logo with carbon should be good, let's see.

Front fairing mount has my head in a whirl, but it'll come together.

Piranha Brother 2 said:
Robber, you can have Red machine down your SF outers and press them straight onto your SFC centre. Too bloody easy!

Hey Q
Got no idea where they are otherwise it would be easy!
Pretty sure Clearface still has a complete crank he brought a few years ago that I can probably buy off him as he no longer owns a 750.

chrisk said:
Leaving it carbon, way too pretty to cover up.

Hmm ... OK.

I probably shouldn't point this out if you hadn't already seen it. But I'm wondering how your OCD going to deal with the carbon weave not being straight on the tail section?

Mine was the same. Made the bottom edge of the tail unit look slightly cock-eyed when viewed from the rear - until I painted it.

Dellortoman said:
Hmm ... OK.

I probably shouldn't point this out if you hadn't already seen it. But I'm wondering how your OCD going to deal with the carbon weave not being straight on the tail section?

Mine was the same. Made the bottom edge of the tail unit look slightly cock-eyed when viewed from the rear - until I painted it.

You bugger, now everyone knows.  :'(
I was hoping the light and rego plate would cover that up without anyone noticing.

Bare carbon looks naff anyway, sort of thing a tryhard 19 year old would have put on his 916 in the 90's.
A bike as cool as that one deserves some style.
#opinionworthwhatyoupayforit

Or is it that you don't want to paint it till after the traditional commissioning BBQ?  :D

I agree Steve. I'm not keen on the carbon look either. Chris may be a sensible grown man, but I suspect he has an inner 'tryhard 19 year old' who is trying to assert himself.  :D

Dellortoman said:
I agree Steve. I'm not keen on the carbon look either. Chris may be a sensible grown man, but I suspect he has an inner 'tryhard 19 year old' who is trying to assert himself.  :D

Like, I thought Naff meant awesome ...................... you old codgers sure do use some, like, strange words.

Back