New 3D Printed Triple Air Boxes, 3C, 3CL, Jota, 1200

pf1

Hero member
Location
Portsmouth UK
I have had some feedback from Steve the guy making the airbox.
First of all he doesn't want to put the DGM number on the box because he doesn't want to be accused of making counterfeit goods.
Secondly the boxes are ready to sell and the price is good in my opinion.

Direct from him -
  • Airbox Main Body £75
  • Back Panel £25
  • Filter Cage £15
  • UK p+p £6
Each item will be £5 dearer on eBay to cover costs.
steve.burgess@clearsightpartners.com

Admin: back panel price corrected. UK p+p added per Steve Burgess today 10/7/25. eBay additional costs added 11/7/25

air box.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great price. For all three products.
I will buy one set of 3 for fitting to my
Testing mule.
Please provide payment details for the
Manufacturer.
Cheers
Chris. ITALBRIT CLASSIC MOTORCYCLES.
 
Contact him at the email address above Chris. He has assured me all separate reproduced parts will interchange with the originals, he has my original to copy from.
 
I met with Steve as he is fairly local to me, when I took my Jota side panels to be copied. He is a great guy, does work for a lot of other 70s 80s bikes and has quite a few bike himself.
 
That's great work Pat; they look excellent. I'm no expert on legalities, but I thought the DGM number was just the type approval code issued historically by the vehicle inspectorate in Italy, rather a manufacturer's parts number? If these are exact replicas - which they clearly are - surely that approval passes on?

Clem is our DVLA guru in the UK - perhaps he can shed some light on this?

I'm sure it won't stop people buying them, unless they are truly obsessional about detail i.e. don't ride their bike.
 
Last edited:
I asked more than once and he wouldn't put it on, at that price though it doesn't matter to me.
I also suggested he should include a note to buyers telling them to mount the boxes using the later method not bolted to the frame brackets like the early ones were.
 
what chris78jota says is correct, the DGM numbers are Italian type approval, there is one for the whole bike stamped under the VIN number on the frame, in different places for different models. If its road legal in Italy, it never did mean it was road legal in UK, nobody seems to mind, Jota pipes? decibel levels? well done Slaters I say.
CLEM
 
I told him it was the Italian homologation number but he wasn't prepared to add it although he said he could. He will have a good reason I would imagine.
 
Jeez, you'd have to be pretty unlucky for some official a-hole to tell you your 50yo bike wasn't legal on the road because it had an airbox without a number on it!! So if you run pods on the carbs ...?
 
Back
Top