Robin Webster
Hero member
- Location
- Silverstone
Gents, it’s been awhile but I’ve picked up a 3C. Is there any way of finding out the original as manufactured colour?
Regards,
Robin
Regards,
Robin
Thanks for the Reply Paul, yes a UK bike. Can you still get hold of Slaters? The last time I did they were retiring ten years ago.Is it a UK bike?
If so Slaters records should give you the colour, or the licensing authority.
Paul
I could try the side panels also. Thanks. RobinYour best chance is to rub down the paintwork on the underside of the tank. Few bother to take that back to the metal.
It may not be the original tank, though.
You can and yes, he's retired. Somebody on here should come up with contact details if they're listening.Thanks for the Reply Paul, yes a UK bike. Can you still get hold of Slaters? The last time I did they were retiring ten years ago.
Wait for Paul, he’s circling like a shark!you know you want to
But he’s got an orange bagWait for Paul, he’s circling like a shark!
All roads lead to RAL2009 orangeGents, it’s been awhile but I’ve picked up a 3C. Is there any way of finding out the original as manufactured colour?
Regards,
Robin
Trump swears by itAll roads lead to RAL2009 orange
It just has to be![]()
2008All roads lead to RAL2009 orange
It just has to be![]()
Gave the bike a clean and had the tank and seat off, there is a patch of Italian flag green under the outer paint so can only assume that is the original colour if the bike has the original tank.
Still might try Mr Slater.
Thanks all.
That is a beautiful colour"Italian flag green" is nice - reminds me of the beautiful 3c of the late Tom Michie:
![]()
Not sure if this is the colour you found though ...