Original SFC green fuel tubes.

Lavermax

Junior member
Location
Vicenza
Hello everybody, I'm looking for the green fuel tubes as originally mounted on the SFC and that are durable over time with the new unleaded fuels.

What brand are they, where can I buy it ?

Maybe "CAVIS":

1726054684523.png

Thanks for your help.
 
No PVC-based fuel line is very durable when used with modern fuels, they discolour and/or harden within 2-3 seasons. Several blue and greenish ones available, non work very well. At least I haven't found one...

The fuel lines were not exclusive to the SFCs.

piet
 
These Cavis Benz fuel lines have been on my SFC for over 30 years now. As you can see their green colour fades, but they still function and when the engine gets hot, they still become fairly flexible. The hard part nowadays is to get hold of the proper material..

Marnix
 

Attachments

  • Cavis Benz.jpg
    Cavis Benz.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 25
I've also got old CAVIS BENZ stuff fitted to a couple of bikes, softens nicely with heat and once fresh fuel travels through!

Most modern stuff discolours, shrinks and goes hard...

Silicone fuel line may work, but I've never found any in suitable sizes or proper shades of green.

piet
 
These Cavis Benz fuel lines have been on my SFC for over 30 years now. As you can see their green colour fades, but they still function and when the engine gets hot, they still become fairly flexible. The hard part nowadays is to get hold of the proper material..

Marnix
Thank you Marnix for the reply; what is the internal and external diameter used at the time for CLAVIS BENZ fuel lines ? Was the CLAVIS brand white on the tube ? Is it correct that there are screw clamps and not "clips" in your photo to lock the fuel lines ?
 
I've also got old CAVIS BENZ stuff fitted to a couple of bikes, softens nicely with heat and once fresh fuel travels through!

Most modern stuff discolours, shrinks and goes hard...

Silicone fuel line may work, but I've never found any in suitable sizes or proper shades of green.

piet
Yep ... at the July motorcycle rally in Breganze I saw some perfect silicon green ones!
 
No PVC-based fuel line is very durable when used with modern fuels, they discolour and/or harden within 2-3 seasons. Several blue and greenish ones available, non work very well. At least I haven't found one...

Hi Lavermax

I would add .. harden within only one season .. unfortunately

Ariete 8x13 fuel line on the pic below .. one year old
(FYI .. fuel tabs not original BTW .. inside diameter larger - for a better flow - than the standard Orlandi)

Gijs van Dijk might help you

Cheers
Stéphane

IMG_20240803_121728948-r.jpg
 
Last edited:
I have Pro Motion silicone clear on my bike - they've discoloured (yellowish, like the Cavis stuff) after a year or more but are still pliant. 8mm is slightly oversize but seals on the std Orlandi taps without problem.
 
I bought some loverly green Cavis benz hose from a Fiat dealer a while ago, about 25 metres of it, just the ticket, it stays flexible after many years and green, but....... big but, the spare left on the reel in a dark indoor cupboard is now BLUE! what? how can that be???
CLEM
 
In front is the original, then the new one that Bevel Heaven, Mdina and others are selling and the purple Ariete double lined is probably the best, but colour is nowhere near the original. It does fade though.

Marnix
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0011.jpeg
    IMG_0011.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Back
Top