Paioli tap gasket

simesman

New member
Location
New Forest
This has probably been done to death, but both my taps had started to drip when switched OFF, so now replaced with OMG types, which seem to be a fair copy (although OFF position now has one lever pointing forward and another behind). I would really like to rebuild my original taps but I need the red/brown rubber gasket (or is it called a diaphragm?) as per picture. Does anyone know if these are available anywhere? Or is it possible to buy sheet Viton with 2.5mm thickness?IMG_2368.JPG
 
Thank you, that looks like it would do the job, but £35 with P+P from France (for 2)! I will if I have to, but maybe someone knows a UK supplier?
 
Thank you, that looks like it would do the job, but £35 with P+P from France (for 2)! I will if I have to, but maybe someone knows a UK supplier?
I bought viton sheet on ebay, punched the holes and carefully cut the outside using a Stanley knife with a lino cutting blade. I used the original to make a template first.
 
Thanks. Delta Rubber are just around the corner from me so I will give them a call. Can't see any reference to Viton though. Robin, do you remember what type of rubber sheet you ordered and are your taps still leak free?
 
I bought one from Mdina which was problematic. Don't remember why. That's why I went the DIY approach. My viton sheet was 2mm, been leak free over a year now.
 
Back
Top