PLEASE READ - bad motorcycle accident, Wolfgang and Margot's son Chris

Absolutely appalling thing to have happened to anybody. Also sickening in that it could have been entirely prevented through effective load securement. Badly loaded trucks scare the bejesus out of me.

I've never met Wolfgang and didn't know he had a son until now, but we are all family in motorcycling and my positive thoughts go to Chris and the entire Haerter family. It could happen to any of us.

Regards,
Cam

I'm not just sure what to say Paul. Such terrible news. This is an appalling situation and so unfortunate that it happens to such nice people. Chris is such an outgoing and likable guy and I only hope that he comes through all of this OK. My thoughts and prayers are with Chris, Wolfgang and Margo.
Dennis

I have had no dealings with Wolfgang but would echo the sentiments already expressed here and hope that his son makes as good a recovery as is possibe

Scrumpy

Best wishes to Wolfgang and his family after this frightful incident (not accident, insecure load, criminal neglect, could have been avoided). In the thoughts of many wishing for the best possible outcome.
                                            (ex) RGA Dave.

What horrifying news!  Chris is the son everyone of us would be proud to call our own.  During the recent rally he gave generously of his time and talents to sort out the starter clutch on my Mirage.  Now, to learn he's in this state through no fault of his own it both profoundly depressing and maddening.  I often see drivers ripping down the road with unsafe loads.  They are oblivious to the terrible danger they subject others too or, more cynically put, they just don't care.  
I'll join the others who have already stated their thanks Paul, for doing what you can to ease the pain that cannot be eased.  This is a terrible time for the Haerters, and for all who appreciate what special people they are.  

this hits close to home being it is the family of a friend
a frightening incident of the sort for which one can never be prepared

it is a parents nightmare when the kids get hurt
it isn't a comfortable experience

our hearts go out to the haerter family
with wishes for chris's recovery

scott

Terrible news, and my best wishes to Chris and his family goes from here. I really hope he will recover fully.

Jacques.

My thoughts and wishes to recover as best as he can are with Wolfgang's son.
Sad to hear that gross negligence led to this tragedy that could have been avoided
if proper thought and skill had been applied to secure the load on the truck.

Gerald

Tragic in the extreme and quite unnecessary.
My heart is with the Haerters - we 'watched' one of our kids through 5 months of ICU and it isn't easy! I hope it goes well and Chris makes a best recovery!

This is terrible news. Chris is a wonderful Dad and son. He has helped me on numerous occasions, especially the time my Mirage came off a trailer on the way to Nakusp. He worked long into the night to get my bike back together so I could ride home.
I am in shock and angry that someone could be in such a hurry to let some scrap fall onto the road.

Bill

I would like to send my good wishes to Wolfgang and Margot and hope Chris makes a good recovery such a tragic accident and terrible injuries .

Kind Regards
Tetley

My deepest sympathy to Margo, Wolfgang and Chris and his family.

Terry

............and we think we have bad days.

Best wishes to Chris, Wolfgang and all his family.

Chris Morison

So sorry to hear about Chris my thoughts & best wishes go to the Haerter family for Chris"s speedy recovery.

Paul

What shocking news.
My kids are just starting riding now and here is the fear as a reality.
We see it all the time in the media.
It shows how fragile our health and happiness is.
It can be whisked away in the blink of an eye. A truck driver's "it'll do" load securing has caused this. How many people will be killed and maimed before these people realise that there can be consequences from their slackness. It happens all too often and we on bikes are at their mercy.
My heart goes out to Wolfgang and his family.

Diane and I spent some time with Wolfgang, Margot, Alexandra (Chris's sister), and Cameron (Chris's 7 year old son) tonight (Sunday). They asked me to pass along to all of you how appreciative they are for the concern, well wishes, prayers, and offers of support and assistance.

As of 10:00 p.m Sunday evening July 25, 2010 they were still waiting for news of Chris's condition from today's lengthy surgery intended to repair various internal damage, and were about to head back up to the Intensive Care Unit at the Foothills Hospital here in Calgary, Alberta.

Hopefully the second surgery will have been a success, but it looks like a long road ahead to recovery.......

To those of you who have already donated towards assisting Chris, THANK YOU and I will be responding individually.

To those who might like to offer financial assistance for Chris, my PayPal account is my e mail address,  pleclair@hotmail.com  and I will account for every penny received. If significant funds are received, I will open a bank trust account. All funds received will go to assist Chris and his young son.

Paul LeClair

Back