the more i ride them the more i appreciate how really good they are

one nice thing about the heat is no f*cking deer in the road  :D

cheers,
scott

Attachments

• luckenbach-2.gif
    luckenbach-2.gif
    209.5 KB · Views: 112
Lovely pic Scott but i m biased 8)Should have a RGA1000 badge on though not RGS but i  being piccy :D

Lemon

Should have a RGA1000 badge

And a Corsa badge?  Anyway, what's going on with the forks- did you drop the yokes down or are they off a different bike?

very nice bike indeed Scott

did you feel that the main difference to the riding was the lightness of the GSXR Wheels.?
No 2 just drops into the corners, totally different bike to ride then No 4, my other 81 Jota and I believe the main difference is the wheels

owner will be pleased for that result

Tchau
Red

it does indeed just fall into the corners
left right transitions are like carving powder in the high country
effortless compared to a std machine

forks are forcelle italia 38's. came on the bike
yokes are dropped with telefix clip ons above ...
the only way i could get them to clear the fairing

had to adjust my knees as they, too, foul the fairing
120's just aren't tall enough  :D

customer dictated color and badge preference
glad it wasn't orange

Well you wont like mine Scott, :D

Pictures for your Scrumpy this week OK?

Melon

No rush - when it's convenient - the pace of life in the wezcuntry eh! :D

jotacorsa said:
i really need to find some of these wheels for my mirage

Scott

I have a GSXR1100 back wheel and sprocket carrier, and a straight 240mm rotor. And a bent 220mm rotor. I was waiting for a front wheel and rotors to appear for the right price and I was going to send the lot to you anyway, along with the set of GSXR 750 wheels (fixed 300mm rotors) that I finally extracted from the back of my workbench.
Do you want them now, at least get started on turning down the sprocket carrier?

Ken

I have 2 pairs of front GSXR 1100 rotors and a rear rotor, again for a GSXR 1100.

OK, I came a little late to the party...
Why specifically GSXR wheels, as opposed to some other HONSUKAYAMI?  What is the characteristic that makes them particularly suited to Laverda frames?

Patrick Cherry
Ojai, CA  USA

Patrick,
You look for the 1986-88 GSXR 1100 wheels, they come in 2.75" x 18" front and 4" x 18" rear.
Conversion is fairly straight forward with the benefit of 310mm floating disc's.
There would be other suitable donor bikes out there but the GSXR rims are easy to fit.

HTH
Red

Patrick,

Lavs have the drive chain on the right while orientals have them on the left. So to use a japanese sourced wheel on the rear it must be reversed (left side swapped over to the right, right side to the left). The GSX-R wheels have a symmetry which allows this to be done while leaving them looking the same.  Wheels with spokes slanted in one direction (the majority of modern wheels) end up looking a bit weird, although this might just be a matter of taste.

bazzee

That is the case with many 3 spoke wheels also, but there are some that lend themselves to be being reversed for right drive chains. I had the same problem when looking to move from 18" GSXR to 17" .

The other answer to your question Patrick is that the early GSXR 18" wheels, look aesthically similar to some Laverda Wheels so they dont look out of place. Wheels are stronger, rims are wider and lend themselves to a wider choice of tyre including tubeless/ radial, and appear to be the preferred choice in many Racing circles, probably light weight and lots of them about. Have seen them fitted to no end of bikes at Spa, even welded to hubs on shaft drive Guzzi's.

Still looks wrong aesthetically, plus may bugger up speedo drive options.

Back