Rubber On The Road.

Vince

Hero member
This topic deserved a thread.Cosi was asking me about my odd ball tyres so here goes. We have plenty of choices these days and even a few different wheel sizes so post up what you run and for how long and what they stick like. Here is a bit from another thread.

Good question I don't know how many ks are on the Bridgestone T32 front. I started logging this 16 months ago as I never knew and keep seeing people say X with certainty. I just went back on my calendars and noted I fitted a rear T32 Bridgestone on 10/10/21 and it's very close to done and has 9197ks in 16 months on it so I am bloody happy with that kind of ks. They may not have Super Sports grip but I have no complaints wet or dry. So I will keep logging this on the 3c and Atlas. I really doubt that front has done the same or more but I cannot remember when it went on but unless you write it down it's not an experiment its a guess, I wish I could be certain but 9000ks out of a front tyre, Naa really Naa.DSCN0485.JPG
 
That's the front size in that pic, the rear is the 140 but I have a 3.00 rear rim. Not exactly the correct rear rim but the tyre fitted comes out at 135mm so it's pinched by 2.5mm each side or 3/5ths of fuck all. That 140 fits and clears the chain guard but that guard needs to be moved to the outer side of the mount at the front plus you need to trim a bit of the front of the chain guard so it clears the frame rail on big suspension movements. Make absolutely sure you can get that 140 if you're going that way because sometimes it's listed but not imported from Japan, it fits early GXSR Suzukis and not much else.
 
Why fit a road tyre to the atlas Vince. Not planing to ride off rode why bother having one.
My BM has full knobbs.
It spends 80% on gravel back roads. If it's tarmac I'll take the motodd.
 
I am not fitting road rubber to the Atlas, it's getting a new front this week, I won't be doing any hardcore off-road so it's getting 80/20. That 80% road and 20% off-road. I am a bit leary of anything more off-road oriented especially if you get caught in the rain till I know the way the bike rides. So it getting these. They make a full off-road version called AX41https://www.bridgestonemotorcycletires.com/en-us/product-results/battlax-adventurecross-ax41?origin=product-results#

But I am getting these.
 
The date codes scare me with what's on it now, not to mention some pretty sketchy wet weather grip reports. T66 Michilans
 
I did 14000 k’s on the earlier version T31 when I shipped the Jota to Europe in 2019. 140 rear and 110 front, great tyres and never once had an issue re road holding or wear . 4.25 rear rim and 2.5 front. I normally run Bridgestone 016’s in a 150 rear, 110 front but if planning a long trip with lots of straight roads the head towards the sport/touring tyres. I’ve also run Dunlop roads art’s in 140 and 150 but the 150 is a big 150 and you need to trim the tyre for chain clearance if running a 530 chain , hence my upgrade to a 520 chain to regain some clearance.HTH’s
Tom
 
I'm running a Pirelli MT21 up front and a Continental TKC80 rear on the BM. Love that combo on the gravel/sand

The 150 Dunlop on the Motodd measures 160mm hence why I'm going down to 520 chain.
 
That last little bit on big modern rubber disappears really quickly, like reasonable at lunchtime and canvas showing 30 minutes later.
 
My mother taught me to never (well, rarely) start tire or oil threads, but since it's in the wild, I'd like to ask if anyone has tried the Continental Classic/Road Attack tires on a 750? Someone gave me a slightly used set that would be the right size for my SF.
 
My mother taught me to never (well, rarely) start tire or oil threads, but since it's in the wild, I'd like to ask if anyone has tried the Continental Classic/Road Attack tires on a 750? Someone gave me a slightly used set that would be the right size for my SF.
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Paul
 
The 750 will handle well with any old rubber you throw at it! 😂 Those Contis work well on a triple so will surely be sublime on your SF
 
I am not fitting road rubber to the Atlas, it's getting a new front this week, I won't be doing any hardcore off-road so it's getting 80/20. That 80% road and 20% off-road. I am a bit leary of anything more off-road oriented especially if you get caught in the rain till I know the way the bike rides. So it getting these. They make a full off-road version called AX41https://www.bridgestonemotorcycletires.com/en-us/product-results/battlax-adventurecross-ax41?origin=product-results#

But I am getting these.
these work well, Vince : https://www.mxstore.com.au/brand/mitas-e-07-adventure-tyres/~-234892
 
Back
Top