Sat morning quizz….

Ask Richard how many he has issued 'Certificates of Authenticity' for, and how many are waiting for the payment to clear?
That'll give you a total, for now. ;)
 
This question gets asked time and time again. As far as I know Slaters only built the first few bikes around 1976, I remember seeing the silver Jotas in crates fresh from the factory without silencers fitted if my brain is still functioning so they were built at Breganze and Slaters fitted the silencers. The first few Jotas were green, then red. The one on ebay recently could have been a genuine early one.
 
This question gets asked time and time again. As far as I know Slaters only built the first few bikes around 1976, I remember seeing the silver Jotas in crates fresh from the factory without silencers fitted if my brain is still functioning so they were built at Breganze and Slaters fitted the silencers. The first few Jotas were green, then red. The one on ebay recently could have been a genuine early one.
I see it’s not as simple a question as I had initially thought!
 
Morning Clive, don;t be put off by some of the "Kittens with a new toy" banter on here we are all very playful really with a wealth of knowledge under our belts. were all new to the Marque once upon a time.
As you know as with Barn finds there are a lot more of them discovered than barns were ever built,and in some ways its the same with Jota's.

Always fun doing your research though and you never know what you will find out.

Be forewarned about the what Tyres and Oil to use questions.......be very discreet in your questioning! ;):cool:

Steve
 
Slaters developed the Jota on their ancient chain drive Heenan and Froid dynamometer, (it was the 3CE in those days) the bikes were all "made" at Breganze by Moto Laverda, with only the silencers added to the crate at Bromyard (UK) via slits in the polythene internal cover of the crate.This model very successfull, and then the name was expolited throughout the planet, and sold in many different forms including 120's, Jota 1200 America anyone?
CLEM
 
Slaters developed the Jota on their ancient chain drive Heenan and Froid dynamometer, (it was the 3CE in those days) the bikes were all "made" at Breganze by Moto Laverda, with only the silencers added to the crate at Bromyard (UK) via slits in the polythene internal cover of the crate.This model very successfull, and then the name was expolited throughout the planet, and sold in many different forms including 120's, Jota 1200 America anyone?
CLEM
I own a 78 Jota 1000 which is an original 'Gold' Jota, but no longer Gold and wears 40 plus years of personalization (modifications). I also now have a 78 Jota America 1200, modified, both are fine machines.
There are obvious differences as delivered from the factory, but both now have modifications to improve their breed.
The biggest difference that I experience when riding them is the 1000 Jota is an animal that always brings out the hooligan in you. The 1200 America lacks nothing in performance and perhaps because of its superior low-end grunt guides you toward behaving like a gentleman, haha.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0569.JPG
    IMG_0569.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4515 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_4515 - Copy.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2493.JPG
    IMG_2493.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top