SFC 1000 Parts Wanted Seat Pad, Bum Stop, Chain Guard, Battery Tray etc.

RGScott

Junior member
Location
Sydney
Hi All, I am looking for following SFC 1000 parts including:

Seat Holding Frame
Seat Pad
Bum Stop
Bum Stop Fibreglass back/cowl
Chain Guard
Battery Tray
Rear Electrical Harness, mounts to rear seat fairing
Indicators Front and Rear
Front Headlight
Front Headlight Rubber

There are two seat options with different cut away and I have attached picture  of item I require.

Let me know if you can help with any items. cheers Scott

 

Attachments

  • Seat 2.jpg
    Seat 2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 543
Hello Scott,

I have a seat unit that needs some love and care, but I suppose shipping to Australia will be a killer cost wise.

Boba has all the molds to do a complete carbon fibre set for the 1000 SFC (fairing, tank, seat, passenger seat cover, front mudguard and I think also the triangular connector plates between tank and fairing). Not sure how long it takes to make and get them to Australia with covid etc., but the quality is superb, just like all parts from Boba. Also unsure about shipping costs, but maybe worth an inquiry.

So - if you can't get other local supply for it, I would recommend the following:

Seat Holding Frame - copy one from a local SFC owner. They are not very hard to make, basically just some flat steel welded together
Seat Pad - if you mean just the padding of the seat in the picture above with new cover, get it done by a local upholsterer. they should well be able to serve you
Bum Stop - hard to get... a solution might be to make one out of a 2mm sheet of plastic, 2 screws, some foam and the same material used for the seat, all done by the upholsterer
Bum Stop Fibreglass back/cowl - Boba
Chain Guard - RGS use the same, just cut a bit. RGS ones come up for sale once in a while on ebay, else the typical breakers...
Battery Tray - same as RGS - see above
Rear Electrical Harness, mounts to rear seat fairing - I would do a new one once you have the seat in front of you. not hard to do, just about 5 cables originally
Indicators Front and Rear -VERY hard to get... if you find a source, let me know...
Front Headlight - comes off of a Fiat 126. They are cheap as chips. The problem though is, that Fiat 126 were almost only made for LHD cars for driving on the right side of the road. for you left side drivers, there are some and I am sure someone from UK named a source here (try the search function). Needs some searching...
Front Headlight Rubber - also almost unobtainable. Same as on the RGS though, so maybe also available at one of the breakers.

Hope this helped a bit. Let me know if you are interested in the seat I have, I will check posting options then.

Cheers


Lothar
 
Hi Lothar

Thanks for the detailed email. I have another care pack of parts being assembled in UK to come across in Jan2021 - bulk shipment which includes a number of fairings.

I assume getting seat to UK is no real issue? Can you forward pic please and I will confirm purchase.

In regards Boba he has not been recently responding so hopefully all is ok. I'll send email and see what happens.

Noted on other parts. cheers Scott
 
will do some pics and send them to you. I'll try to make them as honest as I can, therefore I will upload them to an online drive so they are best quality and you can zoom in as far as the resolution lets you. It will most certainly need some GFK work, a lot of sanding and a full re-paint, as someone painted it in mint  (error) (dunno). But pics will tell more than words... 😉
 
Not wanting to rain of Lothar's parade, but I have a seat that needs recovering and some TLC.  The base is different to what you're after though. 
I don't want to sell the cover/bum stop separately from the seat.  I'm in the UK.
Full set of photos here  https://photos.app.goo.gl/7j8CVPvBkjUwWpNGA
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20201216_203605362.jpg
    PXL_20201216_203605362.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 472
  • PXL_20201216_202338210.MP.jpg
    PXL_20201216_202338210.MP.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 271
  • PXL_20201216_202453729.jpg
    PXL_20201216_202453729.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 266
What?s wrong with the seat?
Everyone who can do upholstery work will help and fix it for about 100 bugs.
Go to your Harley dealer and you will find one- not a big issue.
They also like to do it with your avatar in leather if you like 😬
Andre
 
Hi Rob

Thanks for the email and pictures. There are two different seats for the SFC and I believe yours is the earlier version. Note the difference in the tunnel of the picture I posted verse yours which is shorter. From what I understand the early fibreglass fairing was cracking so they made a longer tunnel so your seat will not fit my fairing unfortunately. The rear bum stop and cover however is the same so that part would work if you are willing to separate. Let me know, cheers Scott
 
@Rob: no issue, I do not sell that part, I sell the GFK-part of the seat unit ;-)

@Scott: sent you a PM with the link for the pics. Let me know if you are interested.

cheers

Lothar
 
Hi Lothar

Thanks for pictures of rear seat fibreglass fairing however I all ready have this part - see attached picture.

I am looking for the seat and cover as per Rob's pictures, but I need the seat to have the right tunnel to fit. Sorry if I was not clear in my initial post. If you have any other SFC parts I may be interested., Regards Scott
 

Attachments

  • Rear Seat Fairing 1.jpg
    Rear Seat Fairing 1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 217
Hi Scott, everything else I have is not for sale unfortunately, as they are my spares for a potential drop of the bike, sorry.

sorry I can't help on the seat unit!
 
Maybe this can help? I is at Lothars place (almost) but not his

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/laverda-sfc-1000-sitzbank/1612496246-306-1993
 
Front right edge broken. For sure repairable, but needs attention. Seat cover also damaged at the normal points (front, where it touches the tank).

If you want it and he is not sending to you, I can collect and ship it if you like.
 
andre g said:
Maybe this can help? I is at Lothars place (almost) but not his

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/laverda-sfc-1000-sitzbank/1612496246-306-1993
x

Many thanks for this link. Scott
 
Back
Top