Silver Jota with history and 3C

pf1

Hero member
Location
Portsmouth UK
Might be worth a look


 
Saw this pile of error-soaked info, this morning, while looking for something else.
What chance does a tyro have, if as ill-informed as this "article" would make them.
You might want to save it for a dark, wet evening and use it as a 'Spot the Howler' competion, at a Laverda Club evening?

 
I’m thinking of putting my Jarama up for sale as a Jota and make a few bob. Most motorcyclists I meet tell me “that’s a nice Jota, not seen one of those for a while and wanted one of those back in my youth but couldn’t afford it “. Well maybe now’s the chance to off load and get a real ?? one now prices are plummeting, well here in the UK anyhow. I’d then avoid the constant aggravation when I say “it’s not a fucking Jota mate”.
 
Another 'alternate history', who knew?
"Moto Laverda made one last go with a 1,000cc triple. It was obvious the company was attempting to take a shortcut to the full-liter displacement class; the three-cylinder was clearly Laverda’s parallel twin plus one. The fact was obvious from looking at the crankshaft; whereas a triple might be expected to use a 120-degree crank, but Laverda triple’s was flat, a compromise solution because Laverda encountered difficulty defining the interference value for each element of its long press-fit crank assembly. (At the time, Kawasaki’s 900 four did just fine with a press-fit crankshaft. Notably, when the Laverda grew to 1,200cc, it switched to a 120-degree crankshaft.)"
Best thing I can say is "It'd be good for the roses."

 
Back
Top