The Aussie depository.....

Yanks love their V8 engines. A '95 model would have mechanical fuel injection. She'd be a fuel guzzler.

This bloke doesn't have a particularly high opinion of those 6.5 litre Detroit Deisel engines. He reckons the Cummins 6 cylinder 12 valve is a better proposition (Eg: Dodge RAM).

A guy down the road has one, takes up half the street, so funny to see everyone have to pull over to make room for him.
think america has wider streets, or maybe everyone is just scared cause of the gun rack.....

Had my first close encounter with the virus recently. Happened to be in a shopping mall at the same time as an infected elderly gentleman, he visited one of the large outlets as we did but by checking our receipt realised we left it before the time window that SA health put out as a Tier one warning. As a result, the whole state went into one week's lockdown.

On Sunday afternoon we got an SMS message informing us that we were in the mall during the time of risk and told us that we were a Tier 3 risk which meant we had to be tested immediately and remain isolated until we received a negative result. we immediately identified our nearest testing site (Gawler) and hot footed up there and arrived at 4:15 and were out half an hour later. Got the SMS on Tuesday morning informing us that we were negative and thanking us for our co-operation.
State lockdown finished last night, and life is back to (nearly) normal.

Things in NSW are really looking pretty dire - with this variant and people in the community while infectious it's not hard to see why they';ve gone another 4 weeks in LD. We managed four months of it in one stint here in Vic - no fun, but there are worse things to suffer in life - like living in Indonesia ... as one example.

Had my first close encounter with the virus recently. Happened to be in a shopping mall at the same time as an infected elderly gentleman, he visited one of the large outlets as we did but by checking our receipt realised we left it before the time window that SA health put out as a Tier one warning. As a result, the whole state went into one week's lockdown.

On Sunday afternoon we got an SMS message informing us that we were in the mall during the time of risk and told us that we were a Tier 3 risk which meant we had to be tested immediately and remain isolated until we received a negative result. we immediately identified our nearest testing site (Gawler) and hot footed up there and arrived at 4:15 and were out half an hour later. Got the SMS on Tuesday morning informing us that we were negative and thanking us for our co-operation.
State lockdown finished last night, and life is back to (nearly) normal.

Lucky, how'd ya like to be the bloke from Sydney sliiping one into the hostee that had it.

Things in NSW are really looking pretty dire - with this variant and people in the community while infectious it's not hard to see why they';ve gone another 4 weeks in LD. We managed four months of it in one stint here in Vic - no fun, but there are worse things to suffer in life - like living in Indonesia ... as one example.
The problem with the Sydney lockdown is that it was too late and never a proper lockdown. Every other state stamps on the thing, Gladys just whimpered in it's general direction.

Think, to a point, you make your own luck.
regarding that bloke from Sydney slipping over the border into Qld. Classic case of dick taking charge which is pretty fitting, judging by his photo, the guy is a complete dick.

The problem with the Sydney lockdown is that it was too late and never a proper lockdown. Every other state stamps on the thing, Gladys just whimpered in it's general direction.
I think the gov were keen to retain their proud record of not having to play hard (the whole 'aren't we so much better organised than Melbourne' thing) - which was OK with previous outbreaks but this Delta is a different beast entirely. I really hope they can get it in hand because it will have a major impact on the entire country if they can't.

It's been interesting watching the different state's lockdown protocols from this side of the ditch.
In theory, you should have been as well off as we are - at the moment (always got to qualify that}
But, yeah, NSW lockdown barely qualified as one. And the anti's have stuffed it up right and proper.
Best of luck to all of you.

Hats off to Jacinda, she seems to be providing the federal leadership that is lacking here in Aus.
Think the interstate bickering here in Aus is based on Liberal v Labour states with NSW supported by the Prime Minister ( NSW being the gold standard).
The lack of sympathy directed towards NSW goes a bit deeper I think, the Murray Basin water allocation for example, doesn't help when the Deputy Prime Minister quips the if South Australians don't like it, they should move to NSW.
On a personal note, wasn't impressed that the 52 million dollars bush fire appeal raised by that girl wasn't shared Australia wide (as she wished) but kept in NSW.
Of course, these are my personal views but as an ex New South Welshman I am very disappointed in what is happening in my state of birth.

Back