Vincent non laverda

sideshow

Hero member
I just watched this. Seems like a very cool project.  So many times I have missed out on Vincent?s in auctions. I may need to front up and get one

https://youtu.be/EI7GayMAOkE
 
Pretty amazing build and some beautiful work (the frame alone!!). No mention of his budget!!! I shudder to think - maybe something approaching the mortgage on our house renos? My SFQ is very much a poor man's version of something like this.

I must be out of the loop a bit, because when I saw the Irving Vincents at the Not the Barry in 2018 I was blown away. Obviously a lot of people doing wild things with motos out there.

Almost a Laverda? Almost a Vincent?  :-*
 
CLEMTOG said:
lots to like but the exhaust ruins it
CLEM

I?m with you! There is a lot going on there and the collector to me looks like an Arbath unit of a Vespa from the 60?s!
 
Started to watch it with a passing interest until I heard that Terry Prince was involved! Met him over thirty years ago and had a look in his workshop. Egli's man in OZ. Respect.
Like the bike but the exhaust collector?
 
looks like it just a mega expensive anodised "race" item that is a bit cockeyed, or did I miss something?
CLEM
 
A great piece of motorcycle in my view. A fitting construction for a spare Vincent motor. The collector box looks a bit awkward when the bike is on the side stand but on the move the headers and muffler have a nice flow. Certainly would like to see this bike. Cheers
Ian
 
My understanding is that there are no ?spare? Vincent motors, the guy in England makes them new for cubic $. That was the whole problem with the historic racing one, bike was new.
 
I'd rather have an Irving Vincent road bike - convert one of their racers. I know, I know, they don't offer them for sale even as racers. But IMHO an incredible moto. And classic styling.
 
We as in the Sydney bunch went to a bike show at a shop in Brookvale a good while back and I parked up next to a bloke riding a special framed Vincent. It was one of those French ones Goden {sp} and included an electric start. One impressive bike, hate to guess its build cost.
 
Hey Vince, do you remember the Vincati you saw in Tassie (Vincent engine in Ducati frame). He's just finished a complete re-furb on the bike and got it running nicely. I'll have to twist his arm for a ride on it.
 
Yes we had a long chat about it, I remembered reading about one built in Victoria and Phil U had a look at it and liked it. Apparently there have been a few Vincents in GT Ducati framed over the years including one built by that US Vincent expert Big Sid. Its been my ambition to ride a standard one ever since I first head about the bikes. My 1st form English teacher, a Dutch bloke commented on my name and asked if I had heard about them. I bullshited and said yes. I had no clew what a Vincent was aged 13. Hope you get a ride and tell us about it.
 
The Bike Factory here in Adelaide had two Vincents for sale; a Norvin and an Egli Vincent. The Egli framed bike took my fancy (something in me says putting a 1000cc V twin in a frame designed for a 500cc single is not good engineering practice). Tha asking price was $87 000 Aust, if I could have afforded it I would have bought it, my dream bike.
Reckon the Vincent engine is the motorcycle's version of a RR Merlin.
 
Back
Top