Whats in old boxes of bits

henarys

New member
Location
england
Found these whilst having a sort out today MOTODD engine protectors, I vaguely remember buying them about 30 years ago. Still have writing on the inside says Master. Were these patterns never seen any similar?
 

Attachments

  • 20230506_154005.jpg
    20230506_154005.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230506_154018.jpg
    20230506_154018.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230506_154029.jpg
    20230506_154029.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20230506_154048.jpg
    20230506_154048.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 20230506_154051.jpg
    20230506_154051.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230506_154114.jpg
    20230506_154114.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 21
Got a set somewhere in my boxes of bits too. 😁 Bought after I tipped off my new Corsa on wet overbanding at night and damaged the primary cover. It was the only new Laverda I bought, and the only one I dropped 😢
 
Seen the odd photo of a bike with them on, ugly as sin (sorry Phil, they're obviously well constructed and functional). I'd rather take my chances and repair in the event of a tip-off. I guess if you're miles from home and have a small indiscretion as Rob alludes to, they might save being mechanically stranded. But it seems a bit like walking around everywhere with an upturned toilet on your head in case it hails. :)

More modern ignition systems have less bulky pickup systems and are perhaps a bit less prone to being damaged if the ignition housing is broken open. The original pickups were a pretty tight fit in there and were almost always damaged in some way if it went down the road. They were expensive too - not so nowadays - although the cast covers are considerably harder to find and more expensive than back in the day.
 
Before I lowered the pegs on my 3c and stopped the hip cramps I was getting I thought some Hwy Pegs mounted on crash bars might help. I looked but found nothing suitable, had seen a pic of there but they never popped up for sale and I lost interest after the lower pegs fixed my issue.
 
Back
Top