who said Laverdas weren't reliable?

I've only just sold my 500 Sei last year. I still have a 3 1/2 Sport as well but it's been in pieces for the last 15-20 years. Great fun to ride and remarkably reliable. Probably more so than all the Ducati singles I've had or ridden. This will sound strange but the bike I really wish I still owned is an early eighties Blue Honda RS 250. I had one in London in the mid eighties while I was dispatch rider. I have never had so much fun in my life. The little bomb was unbreakable, it handled (like any little bike will) and braked and felt like a small version of the Bol Dor's and the CB1100R's. Another bike I'm afraid I have a healthy respect for.

I keep reminding myself that you can only ride one bike so that's why I jumped on the Laverda and sold everything else (except for the Morini - it's apparently my wife's)

Hey Chris. I got a sneaky suspicion that little Honda probably felt great THEN, but just might pale in today's light..? :wink: Never really wanted to revisit old "flames", but did one day get a chance to ride a fairly good nick BMWR90S.. ala Kenny Blake years.. in @1995... choofed up the road all vim and vigor.. and came back a little while later thinking.."did we really used to ride these and think they were "ducks nuts.. ???"
But hey, I'm a guy that still only rides old Italian stuff from the eighties.. 8)

Ciao

Hey Chris

There's a 1982 Honda RS250 in my shed. I don't claim ownership of it as it belongs to my partner, but she hasn't ridden it in many years. Although she keeps it registered for some un-fathomable reason (nostalgia?). It's road legal and roadworthy, so I occasionally hose the dust off it and take it out for a spin, just to keep it in running order. Nice little bike - very user friendly and perfect for city commuting.
If you're ever in Hobart and looking for transport, she'd probably let you borrow it!  :D

Cheers,
Cam

dellortoman said:
There's a  Honda RS250 in my shed.  Nice little bike - very user friendly and perfect for city commuting.
If you're ever in Hobart and looking for transport, she'd probably let you borrow it!  :D

Cam

That's a pretty hardcore bike your missus owns Cam, are you sure she won't mind if I borrow it?

Attachments

• Honda RS250.jpg
    Honda RS250.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 27
Lads, lads.. this a LAVERDA space... :D innit.. ??? Lets not go all jappo now.. deep down inside, we know where the real passion lies.. :evil:

Just my two bobs worth, but sometimes I get these guys at rallies and they want to tell me all about how trick etc. their bike is.. and it's not a Laverda.. sounds dopey I know, but I just can't get excited for them.. what about you lot..?

Ciao 4 now

I admire the following in many bikes:
technical innovation (that is justified)
trickness
soul
look-right factor

but above all I like a bike that puts a great big smile on my face.
I said once that I would buy a bike that makes me smile more than a Laverda.

Still looking.

Just what works for me...

OK Bob. It's not an RS250, it's a 250RS. Evidently it's important to get the letters and numbers in the right order  :embarrassed:

19381_0_1_2_cb%20250%20rs_Image%20credits%20-%20Haynes.jpg

Cheers,
Cam

250 RS Honda drool drool uurrggggh aaarrrggghhhh help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........................................

(they are fun to ride, honest)

Mate of mine had on of them with an XL? 500 motor in it, lovely sweet and quick little bike. Surprised a few people as it still had the 250 badges on. I do like a single.

Keith.

Back