750 SFC cast wheel Electronica

That's the Holly Grail for the Laverda Breganzie 750 Twin - WOW !
Too bad a modern Suzuki 650 will shoot it down ;o(

Absolutely Beautiful ;o)
 
Last edited:
Always been interested in your forum comments and I am sorry to see you let this go. I am curious as to how the frame was finished. If my biological clock wasn't ticking faster, then I would be speaking to you. The lull in prices happens on a cyclical basis and world events are guiding conservatist economics. Be patient and you will get what you deserve Paul.
 
If my biological clock wasn't ticking faster, then I would be speaking to you.

And there lies the issue.

Part of the problem is that what was once considered cool, is no longer.

My 1998 ZX7R draws a crowd of ‘cool retro bike dude’. Retro FFS.

I guess it’s like a Vello parked next to my Z900 when I was a kid. You looked and wondered why they bothered.

Moved a bike (HD) to Adelaide last week, not my cup of tea, but the buyers interest was more in how many YouTube views he was going to get when doing burnouts on it. Even when going through the inspection report, he wasn’t interested if I’d scratched it in transit. Kids….
 
Always been interested in your forum comments and I am sorry to see you let this go. I am curious as to how the frame was finished. If my biological clock wasn't ticking faster, then I would be speaking to you. The lull in prices happens on a cyclical basis and world events are guiding conservatist economics. Be patient and you will get what you deserve Paul.
Thanks.
This frame was cadmium plated, they were originally, mostly, zinc plated.
My biological clock is also ticking and I'd like to be able to finance a Vincent twin before it's too late for those sort of antics.
Paul
 
  • Like
Reactions: IAG
....... before it's too late for those sort of antics.
Paul
It depends to what antics refers- riders or bikes. Lifespan may running out faster in riders. Pricewise I won't expect more than 40k€ at the moment- you can buy for this in Germany, maybe a bit less (so I am just sitting there waiting). Better hold on your bike Paul, makes you look sportier and younger than a Vincent
Cheers
Michael
 
....... before it's too late for those sort of antics.
Paul
It depends to what antics refers- riders or bikes. Lifespan may running out faster in riders. Pricewise I won't expect more than 40k€ at the moment- you can buy for this in Germany, maybe a bit less (so I am just sitting there waiting). Better hold on your bike Paul, makes you look sportier and younger than a Vincent
Cheers
Michael
My bike is priced to sell Michael.
A bike in a garage doesn't make me look younger or sportier.
Paul
 
Hi there. Regarding prices for classic motorcycles and cars, I think it only goes one way, and unfortunately it is down, I myself am a 1962 model, and I will not be buying any more, but I will try to reduce the number, plus if we take a model like: SFC 750, 547 were produced, that's a lot, and let's just say there are about 250 left, so if there are 250 people who will want to own such a motorcycle, that's a lot
 
Thanks.
This frame was cadmium plated, they were originally, mostly, zinc plated.
My biological clock is also ticking and I'd like to be able to finance a Vincent twin before it's too late for those sort of antics.
Paul
Vincents have dropped about 30% from what I can make out, Paul. So, you are buying and selling in the same market so it doesn't matter. Have you got one lined up? There is a collection in Jurien Bay, Western Australia. Biggest in the world. He was commenting last year that the figure that I mention before had taken a toll on his investment. He's not getting younger either so it will be interesting to see what happens there. MV Agustas did a big drop in the late 90's and the Japanese scalped a lot from here but it is all tidal and many Italian bikes are leaking out from there.
 
Vincents have dropped about 30% from what I can make out, Paul. So, you are buying and selling in the same market so it doesn't matter. Have you got one lined up? There is a collection in Jurien Bay, Western Australia. Biggest in the world. He was commenting last year that the figure that I mention before had taken a toll on his investment. He's not getting younger either so it will be interesting to see what happens there. MV Agustas did a big drop in the late 90's and the Japanese scalped a lot from here but it is all tidal and many Italian bikes are leaking out from there.
Vincents have gone down in price by 40 to 50% over here. There's plenty on the market so I'll find a decent riders bike quite rapidly I expect if and when I can finance it. In the UK, a decent Vincent will fetch between £30 000 to £40 000 as long as you're not looking for matching numbers but a riders bike. In the ball park of SFC prices.
All 1950s, 1960s to 1970s bike prices have collapsed due to there being no buyers compared to a decade ago. They've stopped riding or have passed away. Pre-war bikes have mostly held their prices but they interest another public than those wanting to relive their youth. Those have moved on to 90s and 2000 machines now that they've paid their mortgage and sent the kids away.
Contraptions like Honda fours and Kawa Z1s seem to generate interest probably due to the specialised press telling people that they're historic. So is peanut butter but that ain't worth nothing.
Paul
 
It is all grey theory, if I offer you fast and dirty 28k€ for your bike you will refuse. If I offer 30 too, with 35 you are thinking, there will com maybe more. But no and that's why you won't get a Vincent.
 
It is all grey theory, if I offer you fast and dirty 28k€ for your bike you will refuse. If I offer 30 too, with 35 you are thinking, there will com maybe more. But no and that's why you won't get a Vincent.
Not a nice example that bike.
If mine doesn't sell, it'll stay in the garage and be used once a year by one of my sons.
Paul
 
Hi Paul
Super fine SFC 750 👍👍Here in Denmark you can't sell motorcycles anymore, the motorcycle friends I know are selling out of their collection, I don't know any young people who want to buy older motorcycles, my personal opinion is that we are entering a new era where people hold on to their money, and hold on to it, and invest it in their pension, plus it doesn't make things better with all the war in the world, people are becoming cautious
Summed up pretty much 100% When I was buying classic cars and bikes non stop & earning good money it was a different era ! Now cost of living, unfathomable house prices, lower wages have all shifted the priorities of millenials ( and to a lesser degree Gen X ) . Extra cash for hobbies just isn't there! In the meantime they're home and using my balance sheet lol

In saying that I will still have an SFC before I die
 
Once you bought a SFC because it is a beautiful and sporty bike suiting perfect to your lifestyle. It wasn’t a question of investment but pure desire. So, if you now want to part with you‘ll get what the market is willing to pay. And it is not the goodwill of your own pastime memories it is just money. And money is no memory- nice to have and easier to handle for your kids and grandkids when you’re gone 😊
 
Back
Top