84 Corsa in British Columbia

those look like the German made mufflers Wolfgang supplies. I would suspect easiest to get info on the bike would be to just call Wolfgang. I don't know the bike. At the moment at least I am not in the market for any more Laverda's or I would be chasing this one, looks like a nice example.

Paul LeClair
 
Paul LeClair said:
At the moment at least I am not in the market for any more Laverda's or I would be chasing this one, looks like a nice example.

You know you deserve one, Paul.  And you know they don't come up so often  ;).  Even if you just stick it in the back of the garage for a while ...

31,00km?  It's not even run-in ...
 
Ventodue said:
Good Luck!
I still get a giggle remembering the look on Bretts face when you rode his Corsa on The Old Rd years back, or the look on your face when we finally caught up. You looked like you enjoyed it. Brett was worried, plenty of watch checking.Hope you get it. Quote didnt work, that's directed at Ric
 
Corsa on the old road. Great meat pie at the caf? too. Grinning wide for sure. High point of my visit. Good to meet you that day Vince.
Superb machine Brett has there. Bike for sale here would do well to be half as good, even with half the miles on it. Probably needs a ton of stuff done. Ignition etc. Little info furnished in listing. Probably not a good thing. Some interrogation required..
 
It is a bit strange that the vendor has chosen not to post a photo of the CR stamp on the head, since that is the best way to authenticate a Corsa.

Should look like this, btw:
 

Attachments

  • CR stamping.jpg
    CR stamping.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 265
If I were buying I'd obviously want to authenticate, but I don't understand the urgency to bash this bike.  Other than the mufflers (and everyone back in the day couldn't wait to get them off, before or after they rusted) and the naff indicators it presents as a pretty nice unmodified real Corsa.  It seems like the correct wheels as per the main batch of bikes, and has the floating rear disk and goldline caliper which is often not bothered with by a casual Corsa clone.  If the seller would let you remove the tank, a borescope should confirm the pistons and perhaps the inlet ports.
Withholding the number is not that unusual in an ad, and besides is there a definitive list of numbers which are / are not Corsas?  Don't think so?  Likewise the CR stamps, quite possibly just doesn't know.  They don't seem like much of an authentication method these days anyway, the originals aren't particularly unique and would be pretty easy to replicate from the numerous internet photos kindly provided.  (cheers)
 
That's pretty arrogant, I have this thing about dealing with that stuff. I don't.We did discuss the CR marks a while back. Seems there are plenty of higher spec heads that dont have CR stamp
 
Back
Top