84 Corsa in British Columbia

1200 JOTA said:
columbia colombia then ...

Pretty close ......

Jim

death-breath.jpg
 
3CBRG said:
Finally heard from seller. He's looking for 3x what best bid offered. Love the "factory aftermarket" pipes.
If you search the For Sale section you will find a very nice all original verified Corsa, but it will not be cheap,price will be at least what the other guy wants, even in this market I don't think you can find a real Corsa for less than $10K
 
Helo Jim: What I meant was regarding provenance has nothing to do with declared or perceived value. If we knew the complete
ownership history of the bike that is the provenance. Why the owner(s) of the bike when in BC did not get a collector plate so they
could ride the bike is beyond me.My guess is the premium difference from ICBC between the two plate categories is negligible.I
know if I had that Corsa I would out riding it. Maybe we consult the old Guru in Nakusp .
 
helicopterjim said:
Might be a wise thing to do as I have been told that he has serviced this bike in the past.

Jim

if he wants $15,000 USD for it, he may not be far off the mark, depending on condition.

I was chatting with Wolfgang yesterday and we were kicking around fair pricing for my 1982 1200 TS Mirage Series 2 with its bare frame/bare crankcases, high end paint, rebuild restoration. That led to a discussion of pricing of Wolfgang's own restorations (he is just finishing a 3C at the moment) and the Laverda market generally in North America.

whether we as riders like it or not, prices are still rising, and the better the bike the higher the price.

as for the B.C. collector plate, a non issue for me, just gets cheap registration and likely cheaper insurance. Lots of the B.C. Laverda owners run on collector plates, does not seem to stop them doing laps of British Columbia. Having Wolfgang in central B.C. they can always claim they are going to his place for some purpose relating to their bike.....
 
I sense from what I've read so for (in forum) there are more than a few here who have the gift of excellent motorcycle assembly, restoration and diagnostic skills. I big reason my suddenly abundant reading time is spent here. If we could know the fellow in BC has Paul's skill in bike building then....
 
3CBRG said:
I sense from what I've read so for (in forum) there are more than a few here who have the gift of excellent motorcycle assembly, restoration and diagnostic skills. I big reason my suddenly abundant reading time is spent here. If we could know the fellow in BC has Paul's skill in bike building then....

If I'm right, the owner hasn't stated that he was able to produce a 'CR' cylinder head. I know from the myriad SFC 'replicas' that virtually none have anywhere near SFC spec inside where it can't be seen - the crankshaft is the prime example - a replica with an SF crank will NEVER feel like an SFC motor, whether it has the top end bits or not. Building a Jota from a 3CL would appear to be a lot simpler than building  Corsa out of one.
 
Back
Top