BEARS Australia 2025

I have had unexplained high blood pressure since my mid-thirties, controlled by medication. My Dad died suddenly at 47, a big heart attack. He refused an Angiogram and any intervention, and that didnt help the end result. When they discovered my blood pressure issue, they did 3 things: I wore a blood pressure monitor for 24 hours straight, some people freak out before a test, and the pressure spikes; mine was constantly high. I did a Heart Stress test to rule out Heart Disease, and they Ultrasounded my Kidneys. They all showed no cause for high blood pressure, so it's been medication for the last 35 years. So many blokes blow off symptoms and avoid any medical checks. I get a blood test every year. Matt looked as fit as a mally bull. People can have long-standing issues that sneak up on them, so please learn and get a check. We need all our Laverda Brothers to keep riding or racing as long as possible. None of us is getting any younger, and that's from someone who bailed out of a 12-day ride after 2 days, as I was struggling with fitness issues.
 
Back
Top