Canada is supplying Australia with Ice !

On the subject of cannabis, I've recently been trialling CBD oil (Cannabidiol) for treatment of chronic pain. Unlike THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) it's a non-psychoactive compound that's extracted from the cannabis plant. It has to be prescribed by a specialist doctor. So far, I think it has some minor beneficial pain control effect with no adverse side effects, but it's not a miracle cure. The jury is still out as to whether I'll continue with it. It's bloody expensive ($170 for a 100ml bottle) and not covered by the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, so you wouldn't wanna use it as a lubricating oil! It tastes like shit too.
 
Came off morphine a couple of weeks back. Gut is so much better without it - but pain levels are still "noticeable". I'm lucky, I've been able to come off long periods on it without problems three times in my life now. The only damm addiction I can't shake is bloody motorbikes.
 
The roller coaster bowel activity with long-term Opioid use is far from pleasant. Found that when I was caring for my terminal ill Mum. The opioid makes you constipated so they prescribe meds that fix that and that's another huge issue if you are not too mobile when that takes effect.
 
You'll laugh - I came off it because NZ had run out of the particular med I was using for bowel movement. Supply chain problems as is now common. It was the trigger to get myself off it anyway. At one point the Hospital even delayed an infusion because none of that drug had arrived.
During Covid - with all it's disruptions - is not the time to be ill with something else.
 
I specifically asked about Medicinal Cannabis when my Mum was in Palliative Care. Nobody in that Hospis knew anything about it back then. Probably still don't.
 
Nobody in that Hospis knew anything about it back then. Probably still don't.

Hey Vince. I guess it's too late for your mum now, but if you or anybody else wants to try Cannabinoid medication in Australia, there's a company called Cannihelp that supplies the stuff. https://cannihelp.com.au/

The process is pretty simple. Get a referral from your GP and then contact Cannihelp. They'll do a couple of phone or Zoom appointments with their in-house doctor to work out which product is most suitable (THC or CBD, and perhaps some other extracts). You pay the money and the stuff arrives in the mail.

If they prescribe the psychoactive compound THC, the medicinal dose isn't enough to get you stoned off your face, but it'll show up in drug tests. So they give you a certificate to show the cops if you get pulled over and return a positive drug test.
 
Back
Top