Cico for sale in USA

Three on the tree or tri-matic? I knew a bloke that had a three on the tree, worst linkages ever. Got stuck between gears more often than not.
Lucky it wasn't an earlier model HK with a 2 speed Hydramatic box:eek:
I had a HQ with 3 on the tree, nothin wrong with 'em............
Once you had to open the bonnet a few times to flick the linkages you soon learned to be deliberate with your shifts.
I do have a funny story of that HQ involving a drink driving incident, a policeman and worn Holden linkages, but best told over a couple of chilled orange whips;)
 
Lucky it wasn't an earlier model HK with a 2 speed Hydramatic box:eek:
I had a HQ with 3 on the tree, nothin wrong with 'em............
Once you had to open the bonnet a few times to flick the linkages you soon learned to be deliberate with your shifts.
I do have a funny story of that HQ involving a drink driving incident, a policeman and worn Holden linkages, but best told over a couple of chilled orange whips;)
Remember dads old FE with the same issue. :rolleyes:

piet
 
Remember dads old FE with the same issue. :rolleyes:

A friend of mine (actually an ex-partner) still has her first car - an FE Holden Special (I think "Special" means it came with an extra bit of chrome body trim). It doesn't get driven much these days but it's still registered, roadworthy and in pretty good original condition. It's a great old tank of a thing to drive. She bought it from her aunt for $50 back in about 1978, but it's probably worth a bit more than that now. I don't recall the shift linkage ever getting out of whack in her car, but I've seen it happen on other old Holdens.
 
A friend of mine (actually an ex-partner) still has her first car - an FE Holden Special (I think "Special" means it came with an extra bit of chrome body trim). It doesn't get driven much these days but it's still registered, roadworthy and in pretty good original condition. It's a great old tank of a thing to drive. She bought it from her aunt for $50 back in about 1978, but it's probably worth a bit more than that now. I don't recall the shift linkage ever getting out of whack in her car, but I've seen it happen on other old Holdens.
they are so comfortable, we used to call my one a land yacht. Beer crate under the sanyo cassette stereo, full of cassettes, we had so many awesome road trips in it
 
It was Bruce who painted that green frame blue and yellow before John's brother brought it. Sold it to finance that TZ 700 street bike.
It was Godfrey's bike.
Back in 1995 I visited the home of Franc Trento, owner of Eurobrit, to look at some bikes he was selling. I commented on a Ducati roundcase painted yellow with a (royal?) blue frame. He said it was a genuine greenframe he’d just acquired. Wanted $40,000 for it. Maybe the same bike ??
 
Back in 1995 I visited the home of Franc Trento, owner of Eurobrit, to look at some bikes he was selling. I commented on a Ducati roundcase painted yellow with a (royal?) blue frame. He said it was a genuine greenframe he’d just acquired. Wanted $40,000 for it. Maybe the same bike ??
If that was in WA it's bound to be the same bike, Pat. Or else Franco bought it from WA.

Absolutely love to turn up to a Ducati concourse with it in those colours and just wait for the howls from the conginscenti :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
not a stupid price, just my opinion
Laverdas sell higher in US obviously. When I owned the 1000 SFC with frame number 0001, I recognized it is beyond my skills and time to bring it safely back on the road. I offered it to several collectors in Europe, openly communicating that it needs a complete overhaul; they wanted to give no more than 6.000 - 8.000€ for it. I sold it to US for almost twice the price... After the owner got it back running and fixed all issues, he recognized he can not ride it due to knee issues. He sold it on for much more than what he paid to me (but also had costs to get it running!). Seems they appreciate specials much more in US than over here.

Would have loved to keep it, just had to many projects, to less time and money to fulfill all of them. Still feel a bit guilty to having sold it... :-(
 
.. the red Cico is sold now: $19,500.00!
Ciao, Gert
plus the buyer's 9% auction fee and California DMV transfer fee and tax of approx $1500.

Three on the tree. Never had an issue.
I took my driver's test in a Toyota crown circa 1971 that had a 4 on the tree. Never had any problems with my Holden 3 on the tree, EJ, EH, FB,FB
 
Back
Top