Corsa - this is what happens when they don't get used....

Red Corsa's ?????
is everyone forgetting that a certain well known dealer in the USA was having great difficulty selling Red RGS models, and so resprayed them black and added "Corsa" badges, no CR head, no Corsa cams and pistons, no floating discs, but maybe some holes in the airbox and 4 extra ones in the silencer cans? but I even doubt that. It was'nt long before you could see the red paint at seat rubbing and other areas etc, Corsa's they were not, but they did sell.
CLEM
Mine's gonna be red when I'm finished with it, Clem. ;)

Once the hi-comp pistons, CR head and 36mm Dells are fitted, I will cheekily slap a couple of NOS "Corsa" badges on my RGS. It's already got "Executive" badges for the panniers and high bars... voila, the worlds' one and only RGS "Executive Corsa", or "Corsa Executive", depending on your priorities.

If the paintwork weren't as good as it is, it'd get a fresh coat of silver. Because it's still pretty good, it'll stay red for the time being.

What's in a name?:ROFLMAO:

piet
 
Mine's gonna be red when I'm finished with it, Clem. ;)

Once the hi-comp pistons, CR head and 36mm Dells are fitted, I will cheekily slap a couple of NOS "Corsa" badges on my RGS. It's already got "Executive" badges for the panniers and high bars... voila, the worlds' one and only RGS "Executive Corsa", or "Corsa Executive", depending on your priorities.

If the paintwork weren't as good as it is, it'd get a fresh coat of silver. Because it's still pretty good, it'll stay red for the time being.

What's in a name?:ROFLMAO:

piet
Piet ready for bagger racing … 🤣
Ciao, Gert
 
Mine's gonna be red when I'm finished with it, Clem. ;)

Once the hi-comp pistons, CR head and 36mm Dells are fitted, I will cheekily slap a couple of NOS "Corsa" badges on my RGS. It's already got "Executive" badges for the panniers and high bars... voila, the worlds' one and only RGS "Executive Corsa", or "Corsa Executive", depending on your priorities.

If the paintwork weren't as good as it is, it'd get a fresh coat of silver. Because it's still pretty good, it'll stay red for the time being.

What's in a name?:ROFLMAO:

piet
Sorry to burst your bubble. I characterised Brett's (Laverda central) "Corsecutive" when I saw he had fitted Executive panniers from his black Exec to his Corsa for a trip.
 
Sorry to burst your bubble. I characterised Brett's (Laverda central) "Corsecutive" when I saw he had fitted Executive panniers from his black Exec to his Corsa for a trip.
Nice, very creative!

I had heard that the original RGS exhaust cans were rust prone but....
Not if they're stainless steel. ;) The originals certainly are.

DSC_0043.jpg
piet
 
Last edited:
"Corsa used the F1 cam, same as RGS /RGA /SFC 1000"
if you ordered the bke from new, rather than bought a ready made one, you could specify, this mainly happened to the last few, which were built during SFC1000 production, one SFC1000 was even very rapidly converted frm original to Corsa spec at the factory on its delivery date, ~1324. This was because the Aussie tourer had speced a Corsa but the factry had wrongly preped an SFC.
CLEM
 
Only optional cam I've aware of that the factory offered for the later 120° engines was the P1, totally unsuited for road use. F1 was used across the entire 120° RGS-based range.

C4 and C7 cams were made available earlier for the Jota 120, with the appropriate tach drive gears to suit the older cam cover. These of course would work in a later engine not requiring a mechanical tach drive. C7 works properly only with obnoxiously loud exhaust.

The 1000SFC had what started out as the "Corsa" engine, ie H-C forged pistons, 40.5/34mm valves and inlet tracts opened to 34mm. Luigi drilled 4 holes in the exhaust end caps, the airbox had a big bite taken from its' bottom and that was that... job done.

The head/piston spec of the "Corsa" engine is close to what the factory used in the space frame triple racers, as Pacifico "Cico" Simonato explained when I was shopping for performance bits for my 3C.

piet
 
„P1, totally unsuited for road use. F1 was used…..“

Hi Piet, I use P1 in my ex track bike on the street and the bike is running fine and smoth, also at low revs and it turns up really quick.
The difference to the RGS is enormous.
Have a good time
Andre
 
It certainly lived a life in the 40 months or so that it was on the road. Touring? Long distance commuting?
A little part-time despatch riding work perhaps? (unlikely choice, but you never know..).

It's a fair bet that it was parked up before the road tax expired, making the nigh on 57k mileage figure even more impressive.

Speculation aside, one thing is for certain. The original owner made very good use of it. From the day in June '84 that he (or she)
picked up their shiny new machine, right up to its first day of long-term storage.

Good luck to its new owner. Whatever their intentions...
 
That's a lot of diesel.
Paul
😄

The primary case is open in the photos ( not easy to see). Sadly it's Been open for eternity but still attached.
I was granted permission to remove the offended siezed bolt. The mainshaft spider was missing but sadly the end of the mainshaft that runs direct on needle rollers and crankshaft end spigot are mullered, destroyed by decades of rust.

On the plus side , the head is stamped. The oil that it'll hold in its current state, looked brand new.

I wasn't prepared to buy a parts bike that couldn't give up the main motor parts.

Shame because I was going to build a turbo Corsa for sprints etc.
 
😄

The mainshaft spider was missing but sadly the end of the mainshaft that runs direct on needle rollers and crankshaft end spigot are mullered, destroyed by decades of rust.
Would it be possible to machine down the damaged mainshaft end and fit a needle roller inner sleeve (as seen on crank ends)? Not that I'm suggesting you go back and buy it, Rob ... just interested in potential fixes.
 
Back
Top