Jota 120 seat & cowling change.

gabow

I have a 120 Jota and wish to change the seat for the more sporty looking one, also I need to change the rear cowling. any help on parts needed and finding of said parts would be good. cheers.

I'm a bit confused, didn't the 120 already have a hump seat? What type of cowling are you talking about?
I detest all that junk bolted on the back of the later bikes myself too so are you asking about the earlier 180 set up?
If so you will need an earlier stainless rear mudguard, rear lamp/number plate bracket, duck tail and inner plus brackets if that's what you mean?
I think the seats are the same though.

hi, no some of the 120s have a double seat and a very angular rear 'Duck tail'. the plan is to convert the rear end to the single seat of the 180 type. thanks for the reply. GB.

are you sure you have a Jota 120, becuse that bike is basically a 180 fitted with the 120 motor, it only lasted one year and then the RGS came out, dealers did modify a few, one of which was 3X motorcycles, who did a mod on the slighly cheaper RGA and called it an RGA Jota, there were others that were called Jota, and as Piet says what is a fxxxxxg Jota?

CLEM

are you sure you have a Jota 120, becuse that bike is basically a 180 fitted with the 120 motor, it only lasted one year and then the RGS came out, dealers did modify a few, one of which was 3X motorcycles, who did a mod on the slighly cheaper RGA and called it an RGA Jota, there were others that were called Jota, and as Piet says what is a fxxxxxg Jota?

CLEM
that was no help at all. GB.

I think GB is wanting to change the rear ducktail as well as the seat. Anyway that’s how I read😊 The 120 Jota has different rear ducktail, similar too the ts mirage tail.
Tom

How are things in the colonies.

We’re all so very concerned about the Royal family, here in the colonies.

The King is coming to check up on us, seems an email stating we’re doing ok and reassurance that we aren’t becoming a republic in the near future didn’t reach Charlie’s inbox. Neither did the bank transfer for our royalty payments.

Looks like we’ll be on bread and potatoes for a while, once he goes home with his cheques.

With all due respect, King Charles was diagnosed with cancer as far as I am aware (so has been Kate) and that - I feel - is nothing to joke about, please, no matter how you feel about the empire or him personally. Especially as it hit several people on this forum or their beloved and might cause bad emotions that no-one wants really, right?

Last edited:
I lost my friend and next door neighbour to cancer, last year, after three years of increasing pain and infirmity. He said he couldn't have got through it without a sense of humour.
Unless you're synesthetic, neither humour nor light have a taste. They both help one see in the dark.

Last edited:
both can be offensive though, if they hit you hard...

It is something different, if people make fun about their own situation. To make fun about someones else's health issues is something different.

I must say i have to agree with Mr Sock. Do the afflicted really want everyone around them to be downcast and humourless ? It seems to me that only exacerbates their misery. I find the words 'Offensive 'and 'inappropriate' to be the most over used words in common usage.
As someone once said about the human race. ' If you can't take a joke, you should't have joined.'

Last edited:
Back