Laverda 1200 in France

I didn’t know that normal 1200 could be so expensive… that is more price for a Jota in good condition??
But yes, looks nice.
In my opinion this bike needs the aluminium wheels… and proper brakes in the rear one!
Just my opinion!
You will find cheaper 1200
There were a few in Spain last weeks

Miguel
 
I have strangely mixed feelings on this one, I have a strong dislike of buying anything that does not have the makers name on it, if the item is unmarked, I presume the maker has no pride in the workmanship and the items (spanners maybe) are being sold by mutiple outlets who might even put there own name on it using something like a sticker (even worse).

If the name SHOULD NOT apear on the item the that is simply the case, adding it detracts from any desire to own it, (paintings should definately be signed) in the case of an engine, it might have been got at several times by an amateur like me after the pro had stamped his name (for instance) but if I was ever to see an engine that had the number PJT004 instead of a factory number then I probably would want to buy it (and yes I have in the past seen that stamping, so maybe therer is PJT 001, 002, 003 and other beyond 4, perhaps), if you dont know who PJT is then I am not going to be the one to tell you.

There is secret code/tell tale on my own made solid copper head gaskets for triples, so that (in the event) I would be able to see if its one of mine or not, does this count as a signature?

That rear drum brake is ten times more effective than the stock triple disc which is crap and I have lived with one for 43 years on TOG, many attempts to modify it have so far failed, very slight improvement? yes but slight being the word.
CLEM
 
Does anyone else think Red has earned the right to put a label on his girls? Sure they have Scorch? frames and Laverda engines, but can anyone say he didn’t build them? The same with the Spondon built by Lance Weil, it should be signed by its maker like any other work of art. The fact these objects have motors and move is irrelevant, they are art.
People grow old and die taking their memories with them and the history/provenance of things can get lost forever. Since many cars and bikes don’t have logbooks like aircraft there needs to be some way to record the history of the good ones. Classic and Sportscar has a monthly feature where people post photos and plaintively ask if anyone knows anything about some special or interesting car they have rescued, especially racing vehicles. It would be a shame if some of these special Laverdas wound up forgotten in a barn with all their history lost forever in 50 years or so.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top