Laverda Facebook page

Eurocycleguy

Hero member
Location
Chicagoland-USA
I am not on Facebook but I would contemplate joining FB if I think the page would be beneficial.
I am reluctant to join FB because of privacy issues.
Can someone give me some info about the Laverda page? Same people as here or different people or a blend?? Is the page just social or is technical info shared?
thank you
 
Am a member of ClubLaverda.com. Gives access to the wider international Laverda community, mainly European. Lots of bods out there who aren't on this forum and vice versa.
 
I prefer to not use Facebook, hate adverts. Love this forum.
Get FB Purity, Marty. I've had it, on my PC, for more than three years.
It's free and, mostly, eradicates ads. It can also be tuned to delete baby pics, wordle posts, invitations, etc.
Every so often, Facebook changes its codes and while FBP catches up, you realise how much crap you have been shielded from.
 
Good to hear all of the above, confirms my thoughts about FB. Interesting to hear about FBPurity. I will tell my wife, who is on FB.
Thanks Haggis, Dellortoman, The Sock, motoddrob, Legs and martymoose.

I was just curious about another source for additional Lav info.
Legs I will check out ClubLaverda.com
 
For me, the problem with Facebook is that it's not well suited for having any proper discussions. Result, you end up with lots of (often poorly written) short messages which leave more things unanswered than answered.

But I guess it's the way things are going, with everyone tapping away merrily on their mobile phones ...😥.
Is it progress? Not so sure...
 
Laverda Forum platforms seem to work quite well on my cell phone when I'm away from the 'puter.
Just have to make sure I have my reading glasses with me.....
 
For me, the problem with Facebook is that it's not well suited for having any proper discussions. Result, you end up with lots of (often poorly written) short messages which leave more things unanswered than answered.
I agree that this is a bigger problem for me than the privacy thing (which also sucks) - but mostly you get flooded with a completely jumbled mess of information - just reading and answering is a major PITA.
 
Fuck Facebook!!!!
Why Rob ?
Couldn't agree more. Mark Zuckerberg can go fuck himself. :)
How about Bill Gates, Elon the man? Jobes? Google? I am pretty sure. maybe 100% that your computer is supported by at least one of these guys.

Waze is owned by Google

Mapquest was owned by AOL, and Verizon is now owned by System, I don't know who System is.

Whatsapp is supported by Meta Platforms aka Facebook

Messenger is supported by wait for it..... Meta Platforms owned by Zuckerberg

Facebook, take note you can select who your posts are visible to, your friends, individuals, family members, and specific groups, you can choose, you can even exclude specific individuals or groups .

Privacy, if you are truly worried about your Privacy, Hah hah ha LMFAO, never use a credit card, never pay a bill online or through any electronic medium, give up online banking practices, do not use any electronic or GPS navigation systems, turn off your mobile (cell) phone when you travel better yet take the battery out of the device. Never ever Google anything at all, do not use your computer, laptop, or phone to search for anything including motorcycle parts Laverda stuff, or even this Forum, do it just once and the WWW has your fingerprints, you are screwed.

On a recent drive to Idaho, I was receiving notifications on my cell phone of what was ahead of me, gas stations, restaurants, camping supply stores, and motor vehicle parts shops even though I was not logged into any site. Big brother is watching to be sure but these days you can't do anything without the internet, try finding a phone book fuck try finding a public phone (box, booth).

There are more places in the USA (89%)without cell (mobile) telephone coverage than Australia (98%) so if you want to go bush off the grid you have a better chance in the USA. Mountainous US states have very poor coverage flat states no worries.

You give up privacy when you pick up your phone, credit card, or log on, you just do!

Laverda platforms on FaceBook? Yeah, I use it, some interesting stuff on there, it's the same as the Forum, OK the Forum has no advertisements but it's simply another Laverda avenue, there are multiple avenues on FB. Even some good prices on Laverda bits and pieces.
 
Waiting for the local gendarmerie to get a court order for G00gl to provide Waze metadata. Would make the Bikies busted during the ANOM app sting look like a picnic.

Eh, El Loco, Waze proves you always speed. Here is your summons."
 
Waze is owned by Google

Mapquest was owned by AOL, and Verizon is now owned by System, I don't know who System is.

Whatsapp is supported by Meta Platforms aka Facebook

Messenger is supported by wait for it..... Meta Platforms owned by Zuckerberg
The only one of those things I've heard of is WhatsApp. No idea whet the others are.

I don't use Twitter, Tick Tock, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn or any other of the endless list of brain-dead social media platforms.

My social media interaction is pretty much limited to email, this forum and a couple of others I visit less frequently, and YouTube. I also google stuff when I want to find some information. When I was a kid we had a bookshelf full of Encyclopedia Britannica which I loved to browse through. Google fills that need for me now.
I have a smart phone but I'm not glued to it like some people. I just use it for phone calls and the convenience of having a camera in my pocket.

I'm not deluding myself that my use of the internet is in any way private. But I choose to limit my exposure the world of inane crap and advertising bullshit that floods cyberspace.

I'm particularly saddened by the cyber-bullying that happens among people who are young and dumb enough to take this stuff seriously. Especially when kids take their own lives because of it. The internet is not a safe place. It needs to be used carefully.
 
WhatsApp and Messenger allow you to make free calls from your cell phone to anyone who has the app on their phone anywhere in the world. I can remember paying over $6.00 a minute back in the '70s for the same calls that today I can make for free, that,s a good deal you don't have to buy a plan just download the app= free calls.
 
I started on FB, because I was interested in Laverda, and there was an early employee at Laverdafabriken who had work in their development department, who posted photos, plus there are several FB forums, with buying and selling, where many come things up that do not come up on this forum, plus you can use it only for what you want.
 
just download the app= free calls.

There's no such thing as free phone calls. You'd have to be pretty naïve to believe that organisations provide such altruistic services out of the goodness of their heart.

They're getting something out of it. If not money from your pocket, then something of greater value. They're stealing all of your personal data that they can get their grubby hands on, as well as that of everyone in your contact list. You'd be surprised what level of access you give them into your personal affairs when you sign up for such services. They sell that data many times over to various marketing companies or anyone else who wants to access it. Most of whom have no scruples as to what they do with it. Data is worth a lot of money.

That's why I have no respect for the likes of Mark Zuckerberg, Zhang Yiming and all the other social media billionaires. They're parasites sucking the personal details and knowledge out of peoples lives for their own benefit, often without the victim's knowledge or informed permission, and they don't care who gets damaged by the information sharing machines they create. Their methods of doing "business" are morally and legally questionable because the legal system is too cumbersome to keep pace with the technology. Do they give a shit? Of course not. It's all money in the bank to them.
 
Back
Top