music in the shed

....... Dunno about you , but when I was working , I was up , dressed , and pressing the starter on the GS500 / ER5 / YZF 750R / Mirage ..... ( or whatever it was at the time ) , in ten minutes flat ......... No time for all this sort of faffing around ......... ( although admittedly I didn`t have to bother with suspender belts and lipstick ....... :unsure: ...... ) .........

Last edited:

...WOW fly TLK in from Trinidad so she can sing and fall backwards in their video ( 2001 again ) ...... Hope she had something soft to land on .......

Bud Ekins , when performing a stunt for a scene in a movie ( not The Great Escape ) , calculated the distance he would fly through the air , after the bike he was riding smashed into the side of a stationary car ........ and got the film crew to place soft bags , and matresses etc , on the ground at that spot .......

......... The stunt went ahead as planned , only he remembers briefly spotting the mattresses as he flew past them in the air , before landing a few yards further on , on something rather more solid ( the ground ) ...........

Last edited:
( although admittedly I didn`t have to bother with suspender belts and lipstick ....... :unsure: ...... ) .........

....you mean your too old to bend down and do them up.... wink and a wince, j

Last edited: Yesterday at 11:56 AM

Allman Betts Band in Melbourne last night. Devon Allman, son of Gregg Allman. Duane Betts, son of Dicky Betts with their magnificent band and some Aussie guitar legends making cameo appearances. The final song saw 11 guitarists on stage.
I have a habit of saying "that was one of the best gigs I've seen" :rolleyes: and the list is pretty big, but this one must be at the pointy end of my list.20240401_101814521_iOS.jpg
20240401_101526074_ios-jpg.89140
20240401_103817948_iOS.jpg20240401_110813329_iOS.jpg20240401_120634848_iOS.jpgScan_20240402.png

Attachments

• 20240401_101526074_iOS.jpg
    20240401_101526074_iOS.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 79
Same around here, Guitarists, 10 for $1 or 12 for $1.10.... any young muso i encounter suggest drums as number one choice, or bass, you will always have a band, as the unemployed guitarists beat up on one another to get a spot... pithy but true...j

....... Dunno about you , but when I was working , I was up , dressed , and pressing the starter on the GS500 / ER5 / YZF 750R / Mirage ..... ( or whatever it was at the time ) , in ten minutes flat ......... No time for all this sort of faffing around ......... ( although admittedly I didn`t have to bother with suspender belts and lipstick ....... :unsure: ...... ) .........
As far as I’m concerned she can take as long as she likes...😛😍

Harvey Goldsmith, himself, was in the ticket booth selling the 350 tickets to those of us in the know. £5 each, plus a 50 pence handling fee.
I was offered £1,500 for my ticket, on the way in, it never even crossed my mind to take the money.
The Stones played for two hours and twenty-five minutes, Ian Stewart on keyboards.
My face ached for three days, from smiling for so long.

Last edited:

... The more I see of these old Ed Sullivan clips , the more convinced I am that he only just remembers the name of the group seconds before he announces them .....

Jimi Hendrix discoverer / mentor / manager Chas Chandler on bass ...... ( Note how he holds onto the word " good " longer than the others ) ...... The Animals had split up whilst over in the USA , and Chandler and The Animals manager visited a club in New York where they saw Hendrix performing , and decided to bring him back to England .....

There was a story about a guy called Richard Hillman ( I think ) , who when Hendrix arrived in London , was instrumental ( sorry ) in signing Jimi into a recording contract with his agency ........ This Hillman bloke then fell asleep , or moved abroad , or fell into a coma , or something ..... then re-emerged sometime in the `nineties , and claimed that his original contract with Hendrix was still valid , and all Jimi`s subsequent dealings with Track Records and so on , were null and void , and he was the rightful claimant to Hendrix`s estate , performing rights , back cataloge etc ..........

........ Brief story in the newspapers , then never heard of again ............

....... Guitars held in the " teddy bear " position , which seemed to be the thing to do during the ` sixties ......... descended to waist level by the ` seventies and ` eighties , ( except for a brief time during the New Romantic period , when they returned to their former position of just under the chin ) ......

Of course some went the opposite way completely ...... New Orders Peter Hook ended up with his bass guitar somewhere down around his knees , hence the expression " Cor , watta strap length ...... " .... ( Copyright NME , sometime in the `eighties ...... ) .......

...... " You young people have all been very good tonight , I`m very proud of you ... " ....... Looks like the riot police can stand down , then ........

Last edited:
Quite the complete observance Tony, stories from the music machines are what brings the varied folk out... of basses ( vested interest, not vest as in worn.. yes the puns are that bad here ), mostly in the 70's i gun belt slung ( around my knees ) the basses, had to, the 1975 CBS era Fender P bass weighed 14lb, impetus to buy a Rick 1975 4001, neck dive the only draw back, loved the scooped sound, still do that on electric basses to this day ( no mids ).

Low slung bass allowed me to turn the bass with strings facing the floor and still kept playing the bass almost horizontal.... PR stunts are not just off stage. Highest slung guitars were George and Harry from The Easybeats, Bandstand clips a notable. Maybe not of great interest to some, past era is entertaining all the same, j.

............. Switzerland`s most famous export ........... ( After cheese , Luigi Taveri , bank accounts , Fritz Egli , and cuckoo clocks ...... ) ........... Dieter Meier ( current net worth £176 , 000 , 000 ) , and Boris Blank .........

... Could have chosen The Race ( familiar to film goers , and Eurosport viewers ) ..... but this kind of puts me in mind of David Gilmour era Pink Floyd ( but with better percussion ) ...... especially the guitar solo ......... But that`s just me ..........

Last edited:
Back