Newbie to Laverda ownership

In the 5000 something range it's no early 3c ...
Question was:
"Matching frame and engine number. What are the differences between the 3C and 3CL frames.
Love the bike on wires 😋"
This is a cut and paste so as I cannot be accused of interpretation.
So my answer is appropriate.
Paul
 
  • Like
Reactions: IAG
Not many people bought any Laverda, in the UK, Paul.
Those who did, bought whichever one they wanted, not whichever one you seem to think they should've bought.
Reckless fools that they were.
I don't think anything, you're doing the thinking here. Of course people bought what they wanted.
If you'd read what I'd written you would have noticed that I'd pointed out that some 3Cs had provision for cross over foot controls. That would have saved your keyboard some unnecessary wear.

What was the status of the UK in the ranks of Laverda importing countries? It had been France and the Netherlands as largest markets. Maybe quite a lot of people bought a Laverda in the UK in 1978, enough to make the UK a premier market for the marque.

Paul
 
The seamed Lafranconi silencers were never fitted to the 1000 triples.

piet
The seamed Lafranconis were fitted to late 180 Jotas, orange bikes with no fairing that looked like Jotas and were badged as such, but which in most cases had 3CL spec engines.

Marnix
 
Last edited:
An email to Richard Slater and a fee will tell you some history about it's model year and the supplying dealer in the UK from his Slater Brothers records. I'm going to do that with mine, on the do list 😀
 
Thanks Paul Manx
For the information about laverda registration I loved it found my bike 7401 81 jota shipped to Australia now in New Zealand from1995 and a real jota was great to see the verification am very happy to be the owner of one of the last 180 jota’s all the way in nz thank you
 
An email to Richard Slater and a fee will tell you some history about it's model year and the supplying dealer in the UK from his Slater Brothers records. I'm going to do that with mine, on the do list 😀
Already emailed Richard, he has no records for the bike. Said to look on the Laverdamania register which it is on...but nothing official.
Did notice though there were no bikes from Italy registered on there...? unless I missed them 🥸
 
Last edited:
Here's some more photos to discuss over...when I saw that terminal strip I thought who the f##k bodged this up 😂
 

Attachments

  • 20240823_113343.jpg
    20240823_113343.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 20240823_113238.jpg
    20240823_113238.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 20240823_113150.jpg
    20240823_113150.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 20240823_113112.jpg
    20240823_113112.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 70
  • 20240823_113054.jpg
    20240823_113054.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 20240823_113039.jpg
    20240823_113039.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 67
Here's some more photos to discuss over...when I saw that terminal strip I thought who the f##k bodged this up 😂
Based on pic 3, I strongly recommend buying six new side panel grommets, and considering my cure for departing side panels.


It costs virtually nothing and saves the agg. and expense, of finding a replacement, plus paint and badge costs, shoul one fly.
 
Oil cooler mounts as well don't lose a plastic side cover, I had one of mine drop off and get run over. Still gives me nightmares.
 
Based on pic 3, I strongly recommend buying six new side panel grommets, and considering my cure for departing side panels.


It costs virtually nothing and saves the agg. and expense, of finding a replacement, plus paint and badge costs, shoul one fly.
Already done that 🤣
 
The seamed Lafranconis were fitted to late 180 Jotas, orange bikes with no fairing that looked like Jotas and were badged as such, but which in most cases had 3CL spec engines.

Marnix
They were fitted to my 1981 French market "Jota".
Rusted through from the inside in about 6 months.
Paul
 
Back
Top