Steve G.
Hero member
Sad to hear. They are particularly miserable to work on, and their owners usually quite ‘snooty’.Not around here, there are quite a few disreputable areas.
Paul
Sad to hear. They are particularly miserable to work on, and their owners usually quite ‘snooty’.Not around here, there are quite a few disreputable areas.
Paul
Some years ago, at an Amicale 750 Laverda rally, somewhere in deepest France, we'd stopped for a drink in a small town. The then to be ILOC chairman Ray Shone was explaining to us how car colours were a cultural thing, saying that the French preferred grey and the British, red. Well, sure enough, in the middle of nowhere, during the hour or so our stop might have lasted, nearly all the red cars passing by had British plates accompanied by a GB sticker. It's a UK sticker now in a move to uphold the image of the country abroad.As far as I can tell from looking at the street, cars only come in three colors today: silver, black and white.
It’s all down to dealers having to preorder cars: they order the least offensive colors to sell them as quickly as possible .
They can't be that difficult to work on in view of the local market in used parts from stolen cars.Sad to hear. They are particularly miserable to work on, and their owners usually quite ‘snooty’.
Compared to other makes, the used parts are a high premium, worthy of the extra effort to entertain nefarious part’s distribution. And with keyless entry, just as easy to take from the driveway.They can't be that difficult to work on in view of the local market in used parts from stolen cars.
Paul
Outdoing the Jone's.Probably yes Jim…
As an aside, I was visiting Jason Griffiths’ Motorcycle emporium today and wondered why identical looking Triumph 660 Tiger Sports had differing prices. Apparently painting one red costs 100 quid more than painting it grey??? Seems like a marketing con to me.
No, I can arrange that.I was hoping for 16 bikes in all those colours ...... am I hoping for too much?
Jim
It looks like four reds and five! blacks. That beats Mercedes by one.
Anything beats Mercedes.It looks like four reds and five! blacks. That beats Mercedes by one.
No, I can arrange that.
How's your bank account?
Paul
Well almost, here you go and thanks to Marnix, 16 bikes in it's most favorite color...:I was hoping for 16 bikes in all those colours ...... am I hoping for too much?
Jim

Does anyone remember the old Earl Scheib commercials on TV and billboards? Earl would offer up "I'll paint any car any color for $89.99". The fine print disclaimer was 'except red', I have no idea why.Apparently painting one red costs 100 quid more than painting it grey??? Seems like a marketing con to me.