Part numbers for Veglia gauge

A replica is readily available if you can't find a very rare original - http://www.motocicliveloci.it/inglese/catalogue/strumenti_uk.htm

I have seen them ...... a friend bought one for his Ducati single. Other than the face ....... nothing at all like the original. The needle was wobbly and inaccurate. All in all, not worth it except for one of Paul's livingroom bikes.

The Krober looks good and good price ......... I wonder if it is a replica as well?

Jim
 
I have seen them ...... a friend bought one for his Ducati single. Other than the face ....... nothing at all like the original. The needle was wobbly and inaccurate. All in all, not worth it except for one of Paul's livingroom bikes.

The Krober looks good and good price ......... I wonder if it is a replica as well?

Jim
Must be the vibrating Ducati 😂. Accurate and stable on my TT1 replica - which has never seen the living room.
Something must have changed - mine is a pretty fair copy of the original, although I did buy it back in 2010. Was also offered the option of a Smiths 3:1
 
I bought a Triumph white face 'analog ' (needle and round face) digital tacho in perfect nick for AU$20 off fleabay. I'd use it but don't want the word Triumph logo staring me in the face all day when riding!! And it's a sealed plastic bezel, so unless I spin the can open on the lathe or hacksaw it off, it's a tricky proposition to change the face. I'll have to put up with the 19,000RPM redline on the ZXR250 tacho and run it at actual revs (won't even get to half redline!) or run it double speed and calculate actual revs as divided by 2! I'm not gonna sort it before this bike is running. Not that important.
 
Hey Q. If you can get your instruments apart it shouldn't be too hard to get new faces printed on the old face cards. Draw them up with CAD software and get a printer/sign maker to print them. They can print onto all sorts of surfaces these days, but it they can't print directly onto the face cards, they'll be able to print on adhesive backed vinyl that you can stick over the original faces.
You could design your own matching faces with SFQ logo :)

If you don't have CAD software, let me know. I can draw them up for you.
 
Yep, that's a brill idea, Cam, and had already thought of it. Main prob is getting the tops off without damage. The ZXR is metal, but matt black and looks like it will be easy to wreck it. Triumph one is a black plastic bezel, looks to be glued on - reckon I can machine it off right through the plastic body at the top.

I actually had a friend do something like that for the last (unfinished) version of the SFQ. I took the innards out of the Honda tacho and fitted them inside some repurposed poly plumbing pipe and, WAY back when computers were only just invented (like Stonehenge in Spinal Tap) my mate made up faces in Adobe Illustrator that were then printed onto adhesive backed matt and shiny vinyl. and I stuck 'em onto my reduced dia ND face.

I love the idea of an SFQ logo. What kind of joints do that specialist printing?
 
Yep, that's a brill idea, Cam, and had already thought of it. Main prob is getting the tops off without damage. The ZXR is metal, but matt black and looks like it will be easy to wreck it. Triumph one is a black plastic bezel, looks to be glued on - reckon I can machine it off right through the plastic body at the top.

I actually had a friend do something like that for the last (unfinished) version of the SFQ. I took the innards out of the Honda tacho and fitted them inside some repurposed poly plumbing pipe and, WAY back when computers were only just invented (like Stonehenge in Spinal Tap) my mate made up faces in Adobe Illustrator that were then printed onto adhesive backed matt and shiny vinyl. and I stuck 'em onto my reduced dia ND face.

I love the idea of an SFQ logo. What kind of joints do that specialist printing?
Try this joint Q, Action Labels and Nameplates, not far from you in Rezzy, I think.
 
Back
Top