Replacement Throttle Tube

All that takes is a bigger diameter where the cable runs, obviously it still needs to fit inside the cover but there is usually plenty of room to go a bit bigger and it's really helpful, std is maybe 2 rotations to full throttle. I remember Batto's race bike had one that was humungous, maybe 100mm in diameter.
😲 Two rotations?
We’re not talking Hills Hoist Vince
 
There WILL be a double entendre here Chris, boom boom but on mine, it was a 2 hander pull. It took a second go to get full wack. My wrist didnt rotate that much with the Dels fitted.
 
All that takes is a bigger diameter where the cable runs, obviously it still needs to fit inside the cover but there is usually plenty of room to go a bit bigger and it's really helpful, std is maybe 2 rotations to full throttle. I remember Batto's race bike had one that was humungous, maybe 100mm in diameter.
2 rotations is a bit of an exaggeration Vince. The twistgrip only turns about 3/4 of a rotation max, but it feels like a lot if you have to change your grip to get full throttle.

Something I've thought would be interesting to try would be a rising rate throttle. Starts off with slow throttle opening from idle and gets quicker as you turn the twistgrip further. It would need a spiral shaped cable pulley. There's not a lot of space to do that in the standard throttle housing though.

I thought I'd invented something until I googled it and found that Motion Pro already does it.
 
2 rotations is a bit of an exaggeration Vince. The twistgrip only turns about 3/4 of a rotation max, but it feels like a lot if you have to change your grip to get full throttle.

Something I've thought would be interesting to try would be a rising rate throttle. Starts off with slow throttle opening from idle and gets quicker as you turn the twistgrip further. It would need a spiral shaped cable pulley. There's not a lot of space to do that in the standard throttle housing though.

I thought I'd invented something until I googled it and found that Motion Pro already does it.
You must have missed my posts (I've mentioned this twice over the years), Cam. I 'invented' the rising rate twist grip when I modified a KX Kawasaki dirtbike throttle tube (which it still fits inside the ND housing0. I drilled a hole for the cable nipple closer to the inside edge and ground/filed the plastic 'cam' to the shape i wanted - still have it in the shed. It works a treat, plenty of feel on low throttle openings then rising rate to give full throttle at about 1/4 turn. Reckon that was in 1989 - so it's definitely MY invention :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
 
Sorry Quentin. I'd forgotten, but now that you mention it, it does ring a bell. Hopefully my crap memory isn't the beginnings of dementia.
You should get onto Motion Pro about royalties for your invention. ;)
 
Hi Cam, come on fella, get with the program chap :). You also forgot my post from 2007.... what are we old buggers like eh!

Looks like Quentin beat me to the idea, so have to pay him royalties now...

throttle ramp.JPG:)
 
I put a G2 Throttle Tamer body onto my Yamaharley 1300 as it was pretty full off to very on when initiating throttle. The new body made no noticible difference and was a waste of money.

GTReiner sells direct fit new Suzuki GT 750 throttle parts.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top